Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Mambajamba
    Insulation
    WL 3/4 UQ; HG TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing-Buckles
    I'm finding even my 40 degree tq too warm for 60 degree weather, when using my 20 degree underquilt. Yesterday, I left the entire HG 40 degree topquilt open like a blanket and it was much too warm. Then, tried to push it down towards my feet area, leaving myself mostly exposed and sweated from the waist down. The problem, for me, there's no where to put the topquilt if it's too warm (it won't fit on my WBBB shelf). Really, the underquilt by itself is almost enough to keep me warm to 60 degree, but I also wear pants for sleeping in the summer. I'm probably going to construct some sort of fleece topquilt that I'll use down to 50 degrees.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Standard
    Insulation
    Burrow
    Suspension
    Warbonnet Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOakMonster View Post
    I'm finding even my 40 degree tq too warm for 60 degree weather, when using my 20 degree underquilt. Yesterday, I left the entire HG 40 degree topquilt open like a blanket and it was much too warm. Then, tried to push it down towards my feet area, leaving myself mostly exposed and sweated from the waist down. The problem, for me, there's no where to put the topquilt if it's too warm (it won't fit on my WBBB shelf). Really, the underquilt by itself is almost enough to keep me warm to 60 degree, but I also wear pants for sleeping in the summer. I'm probably going to construct some sort of fleece topquilt that I'll use down to 50 degrees.
    It doesn't fit in the shelf? My 20 burrow does, but can pop out. Try hooking some of it between the netting and your ridgeline. I'm in the hammock testing it now and that works okay. Hopefully helps you out until you sort out a different cover solution.
    Brady

Hammock
    Too many to choose just one
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Hex or WP
    Insulation
    UGQ Bandit 30* or
    Suspension
    Depends on my mood
    Quote Originally Posted by gnarus8429 View Post
    I have a 30 degree UGQ Flight Jacket TQ (those guys are awesome). I have only recently switched from a sleeping bag. I was recently out in upper 60s-upper 50s weather with it. Went to bed at 10:00 pm and did not need the TQ so I had it set off to the side in my WBBB. Right about 11:00 pm I got cool and threw it over me. I slept like a baby until 6:00 am and it got down to about 58 degrees. I did not tuck it in so there was some venting on the sides. I think the warmer it is the more likely I will be to open up the foot box for ventilation as well. With a 0 degree bag I would undo the foot box altogether in warmer weather to allow for additional venting. I was definitely surprised how warm the TQ was for the weight. I'm not much of a winter camper so this guy should get me though my camping season. If I was more into winter camping I would have definitely done the zero degree TQ. Like you said it is much easier to DIY summer insulation than winter. Unfortunately the more time you spend here the easier it becomes to justify have a quilt for both warmer and colder weather. I'm already shopping for a cooler weather UQ. My wife is going to kill me.
    I know the feeling about the wife. The key is to get her hanging with you. I kept buying gear until i got her comfortable in one (Amuk).
    I told her that i was going to sell some of the hammocks that i have obtained over the last two years, but she told me that she liked things about all but one of them.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow Hyper D XL
    Tarp
    JRB 12x10 Univrsl
    Insulation
    Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    I recently tried a Coolmax sleeping bag liner. Was too hot at 70. Can't wait to try it at 60. Stretches well too.
    Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong. ~George Carlin

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Cuben W/Doors
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    stock straps
    My Under Quilt wraps around me on 3 sides so the top quilt is icing on the cake. I have a wool blanket that I like to use. It is heavier and has more bulk but I find it works well for those shoulder days with high humidity. In anything that is not breathable I sweat or the condensation gets me. With wool I seem to be more comfortable and the dew is not that much of a concern. Wool is a good regulator across temperature ranges. I have used this only on overnights.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12