Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    Anybody that makes a major part of the rating the weight of the package and mixes setups with and without tarps and bugnets as required is to careless/stupid to consider competent in anything else they review. OTOH it was nice to get noticed. ;-)
    YMMV

HYOH

Free advice worth what you paid for it. ;-)

Hammock
    DIY 11ft...
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon
    Insulation
    Synthetic and Down
    Suspension
    Straps & Amsteel

Outdoor Gear Lab Finally Reviewed Hammocks!

Sheesh if it doesn't put the cottage vender in as perfect you guys get hostile. It does specify sleeping in the vs hanging out in them.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    CCF
    Suspension
    Buckles/Dutch Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhacker View Post
    I think they had whoopies on the WBBB, those take a bit longer for a newb to get used to perhaps?
    Oh good point I was just thinking cinch buckle. There is a small bit of a learning curve with whoopies attaching to straps etc.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    In what universe is a warbonnet "time consuming" to set up? Out of all the hammocks and suspension systems I've tried, warbonnet is about the quickest and easiest.
    Ditto. They need to attend some group hangs and see how its done. One moment they are saying how the BB is the heaviest of the hammocks and then in another area they mention that is comes on single and duple layers I am still looking for the non removable tarps on my BB's. The one think they got right is that the BB is a very comfortable hammock.
    Frosty Butt Hang Jan 2015 .................. Fat Butt Hang April 2015..........Hunger / Halloween Hang Oct 2015

neusioktrail.org ..................... Free Hammock Classes

I am 18 with 44 years of experience !

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1
    Tarp
    Supertarp
    Insulation
    Incubator 30
    Suspension
    Straps :)
    I posted a review of the WBBB to the Outdoor Gear Lab site, and made a point of mentioning the speed and ease of setup.
    //
    “Stories set in the Culture in which Things Went Wrong tended to start with humans losing or forgetting or deliberately leaving behind their terminal. It was a conventional opening, the equivalent of straying off the path in the wild woods in one age, or a car breaking down at night on a lonely road in another.”
    ― Iain M. Banks, The Player of Games

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    SOLD, MYOG begins
    Insulation
    Zpacks quilt, pad
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Cinema View Post
    I posted a review of the WBBB to the Outdoor Gear Lab site, and made a point of mentioning the speed and ease of setup.
    That's actually not a bad way to draw attention to cottage companies, Outdoor gear lab will probably pay more attention if the WBBB has twice as many reviews as any other hammock.

Hammock
    Diy gathered end/Fronkey bugnet
    Tarp
    Diy 11x10 w/doors
    Insulation
    DIY synth TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Overall, not a bad article written by experienced ground dwellers. Once the tent is left at home more often, the hammock begins to be as easy as a tent. Eventually, even easier, IMHO.

A better test of camping hammocks would be to include a larger variety of camping hammocks made by hammockers with hammock camping experience using hammock hanging R/D to make better camping hammocks Was that too redundant?

Quote Originally Posted by Firesong View Post
    Sheesh if it doesn't put the cottage vender in as perfect you guys get hostile. It does specify sleeping in the vs hanging out in them.
    Not the case at all. Yes, they due specify sleeping vs chillin out, but the article doesn't go into correct detail about the WBBB. To us, that's comparing apples to pencils.

The cottage vendors here don't make hammacks to "chill out" in, they make what the article states as "expedition" style hammocks. After all, when the article states that they are leaving their camping tents, they are in fact going on "expedition" and camping outdoors. I'm sure they don't take their tents out for a couple hours just to "hang out" inside the tent. That would be confinement where a hammock is open.

Like VG states, to compare the tent and hammock without its full elements doesn't give either item justice. IMO, the hammock rig wins, others like their tents. And this is using their ground insulation and not the upgraded insulation that hammockers use.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

My fantastic Photographer wife: http://www.capturedhearts-photography.com

Hammock
    Tablecloth w/ fronkey net
    Tarp
    Toxaway
    Insulation
    TUCKuilt, pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps
    With Brandon getting all of this publicity, I may need to put in an order before the masses take over. 😁