Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies

New 14x10 tarp

Got my OES tarp today so I headed out to the park and tried to set it up, luckily it was only 110 F today Nice tarp, it took longer to set up then I thought it would. I have my JRB BMBH under the tarp. I like the black on black. Now I just need a green JRB MWUQ to make it pop! The second to last pic is my ridgeline running to the tree. I think it worked out well, made for easy adjustments. I used nite ize figure 9's going to the ground attached to MSR ground hog stakes. Question, what do you all use to pound your stakes into the ground? I took my leatherman multi-tool but it was tough to get the stakes into the hard ground. The last pic is my tarp, 10 nite ize figure 9's, two nite ize figure 9 carabiner, 8 MSR ground hog stakes, 130' of rope, my JRB BMBH with bug net, pocket organizer, webbing and tri-glides and the JRB spreader bars on the outside to show size. Seems like it will be a pretty nice set up
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom OES
    Insulation
    DIM UQ NoSniv TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Triglide/strap
    Images
    I use a ground hog on its side to push in the other stakes sometimes, the rest I just step on them. If teh ground is REALLY hard, I get a rock, or move on to softer ground.
    I have a slightly smaller OES (13.5 x 10). The size is a bit overwhelming at first, but I think you will be happy once you get used to it. & yes, it takes longer to set up than a smaller tarp. I've had mine nearly a year now, & it still takes a bit of time compared to my old (smaller) tarp, but its worth it IMHO.
    The nice thing is, you have a winter tarp now, stake the sides nearly vertical at a height that puts them nearly down to the ground, [I havn't measured, but I suspect its about 4.5' which leaves me an about 3' "Floor" & less than 3" gap ground to tarp.] stake the inner 3 loops as you would do "Normally" Then pull in the end loops & stake them across the opening. This will add at least 10 degrees to whatever insulation set up you have. I don't drive the stakes all the way down so that I can unhook the "doors" when I need to.
    When you have a backpack on, no matter where you are, you’re home.
    PAIN is INEVITABLE. MISERY is OPTIONAL.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctari View Post
    I use a ground hog on its side to push in the other stakes sometimes, the rest I just step on them. If teh ground is REALLY hard, I get a rock, or move on to softer ground.
    I have a slightly smaller OES (13.5 x 10). The size is a bit overwhelming at first, but I think you will be happy once you get used to it. & yes, it takes longer to set up than a smaller tarp. I've had mine nearly a year now, & it still takes a bit of time compared to my old (smaller) tarp, but its worth it IMHO.
    The nice thing is, you have a winter tarp now, stake the sides nearly vertical at a height that puts them nearly down to the ground, [I havn't measured, but I suspect its about 4.5' which leaves me an about 3' "Floor" & less than 3" gap ground to tarp.] stake the inner 3 loops as you would do "Normally" Then pull in the end loops & stake them across the opening. This will add at least 10 degrees to whatever insulation set up you have. I don't drive the stakes all the way down so that I can unhook the "doors" when I need to.
    I really want to experiment with this set up as well as having a porch with hiking poles. It was getting to hot to be fun so I retreated indoors after setting it up once. I really like the idea of snake skins, does anyone know of a set that will fit this size tarp? DIY, with a sewing machine, is out of the option right now

Hammock
    DIY 1.1 once
    Tarp
    maccat micro
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    compare this to my maccat micro

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 Trpl
    Tarp
    ZPacks Cuben
    Insulation
    GoLite Ultra 20
    Suspension
    1/8" Whoopie Sling
    Images
    What is the weight of the 14x10?

Hammock
    currently my DIY bridge
    Tarp
    8 x 10 sil tarp
    Insulation
    DIY tq,pads
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    That's one huge tarp. Does it come with a circus?

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    Is the ridge 14' or 10' or either?
    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    They way OES makes them it could be hung either way. The seam which most people use as a ridge line is 14'. With the stuff sack it weights 25oz

Hammock
    WarbonnetBlackbird
    Tarp
    Olive Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubat Dempsey TQ
    Suspension
    Stock Webbing
    That's no moon, that's a spacestation!

Way to rez up an old thread by the way.

• + New Posts