Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images

SEHHA 4/07 is History!

I'm down in Charlotte before going back to Lexington early tomorrow morning. I couldn't wait to tell everyone what a great time I had in Hot Springs. Those who couldn't make it, I'm sorry we missed you. For those in attendance, I just want to say to you all directly that I haven't met a friendlier, lively and all around great group of people to hang out with (pun intended). I got to see a lot, learn a lot, ask a lot of questions and just plain old have a good time. What a blast. In spite of the bouts of crappy weather we did have, a good time was had by all. This was the first time I got to meet Ed Speer. What a class act this guy is. I understand he's a small businessman and needs to make a living, but not one time did he use the hangout as a platform to sell is wares. He's just an all around nice guy who I consider it a pleasure to have met. Tim, Erich, Patrick, Joe, Jason, Brian, Marta, Karen, Peanuts, and Dave, it was an equal pleasure meeting you guys and getting to talk hammocking and hang out. I like having a bunch of new hammocking friends, y'all are pretty cool. We had a surprise visit by SGT Rock on Sat, what a cool guy. And off the record, I got to "test drive" the new Speer Underquilt after Ed offered when I got there. Without saying much more about it, it kicks major a$$. The collaboration between Ed and Youngblood is a MAJOR winner. I was comfy both nights with no major problems. I'm honored that Ed asked me to try it and give him my opinion. Headchange, I have the figure 9's ordered, they were out at the REI in Charlotte. I'll let ya know when they're in. Again, THANKS A MILLION to everyone for a great weekend, I can't wait to do it again.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    a pleasure to meet you too hooch. i had a great week end.
    yeah, that was a surprise to see SGT Rock & family drive up. i enjoyed talking w/ him too.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Images
    It was great to see everyone again and get to meet Melph, Hooch, Brian and Headchange4u. Wish the male dino hadn't forgotten our camera.

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolicking Dino View Post
    It was great to see everyone again and get to meet Melph, Hooch, Brian and Headchange4u. Wish the male dino hadn't forgotten our camera.
    and it was good to meet the male dino too. i believe he's a pretty nice guy.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Can't forget the Dinos.......you guys are very cool! Looking forward to seeing you again at the next Hangout.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    It was a great camp out. It was great to meet some for the first time and to see the others I had met at Mt. Rogers. I had a blast. There is nothing like the sound of rain against my tarp while sleeping. Very soothing.

I was also honored to get to test on of Ed's under quilts. I am saving my pennies to get one.

This was also my first full night in my HH clone. Definitely the most comfortable hammock I have slept in. I also tested the ring buckle supports for the first time this weekend and they worked great.

Hooch,

I think I have your blue Life Is Good Nalgene bottle. At least I hope it's yours.

oh yeah... I found out Sunday that J&H outdoors sells the Figure9 Gizmos. They are on a spin rack in the front window, in front of the cash register.
    Last edited by headchange4u; 06-05-2007 at 15:30.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    I agree, a great campout. A little rain, a lot of wind (at least during the daytime), but it gave us all a chance to fine-tune the rain and wind setup.

It was great to meet such hammock "luminaries" as Ed Speer and Sgt. Rock, Youngblood and T-back, and to see the new underquilts and the other "stuff" everyone has been working so hard on. I also got to see Headchange's HH clone, very cool.

I really enjoyed meeting and chatting with everyone and putting faces with names too. I'm looking forward to running into all of you again in the future.

Images
    It was a good hangout, and I got to explain to everyone that my tarp is not an actual MacCat. Hence, the reason I call it a MacCat Clone. Got confused for a thru-hiker a few times, maybe I need to take a shower? Got a lot of things figured out, and hope to keep figuring things out. All in all a great hangout.

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    Hooch,

I think I have your blue Life Is Good Nalgene bottle. At least I hope it's yours.

oh yeah... I found out Sunday that J&H outdoors sells the Figure9 Gizmos. They are on a spin rack in the front window, in front of the cash register.
    Headchange,

Yep, I think that's my bottle. No big deal, it's just a bottle. I'll dig it up from you sooner or later. I didn't know that J&H carried that Figure 9's, if I did, I wouldn't have driven all the way down to Charlotte to get them, only to find out that they were out of stock and having to order them. They'll be in sometime this week, I'll let ya know when they get in. Did you go ahead and get them @ J&H? I am totally stoked about seeing all this cool homemade gear, I REALLY hope you'll help me learn how to make some of it. I'll even pay ya if I need to. Anyway, just got home and it's time for a nap before work tonight. Once again, I can't tell you all how nice it was to meet you folks. I really did enjoy it!

Images
    Sounds like everyone had a good time. Hopefully I'll see everyone at Trail Days.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast