Tarp
    Camo Cuben Palace
    Insulation
    Loco Libre!
    Suspension
    Straps and Slings
    Images

Unhappy

Unfortunately, the stars are just not aligned for me to do this hike. Aside from the back issues, I will be starting training to become a basketball referee this week but was going to skip 2 of the classes to do the hike. Also, work is now an issue. The trail will still be there in April.
    Bummed.
    perrito

"If a man speaks in the woods, and there is no woman there to hear, is he still wrong?"

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1
    Tarp
    Dutchware 9.5" DCF
    Insulation
    Wookie 20 or 0
    Suspension
    Straps :)
    I'm considering a day hike to MAHHA, ish, maybe off site Friday night, arriving Saturday in time for dinner and festivities, either moving north to the site or south to the site. After I post this I will check the AT online info and see what some options are. Advice welcome. And I'd need a way to get back to my car. . . .
    //
    “Stories set in the Culture in which Things Went Wrong tended to start with humans losing or forgetting or deliberately leaving behind their terminal. It was a conventional opening, the equivalent of straying off the path in the wild woods in one age, or a car breaking down at night on a lonely road in another.”
    ― Iain M. Banks, The Player of Games

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1
    Tarp
    Dutchware 9.5" DCF
    Insulation
    Wookie 20 or 0
    Suspension
    Straps :)
    Maybe starting off Baltimore Road to the south of the MAHHA site? Looks like less than ten miles. In the neck of the woods where the Birch Run shelter/s are located?

...or to heck with it and maybe just day hike from the site, out and back. Never mind!
    Last edited by Red Cinema; 09-30-2014 at 14:15.
    //
    “Stories set in the Culture in which Things Went Wrong tended to start with humans losing or forgetting or deliberately leaving behind their terminal. It was a conventional opening, the equivalent of straying off the path in the wild woods in one age, or a car breaking down at night on a lonely road in another.”
    ― Iain M. Banks, The Player of Games

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty
    Tarp
    HG Camo Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    The lot is real close to birch run. We will be making camp Thursday night at the birch run shelter. Your welcome to join us to hike in Friday. I plan to be on the trail by 8:30. You could wait at the lot, or walk down the trail to the shelter.

Brian P.

Hammock
    Tinkr Custom, Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Superfly
    Insulation
    EE RevX, HG, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware, Trees
    Images
    Dan (Tinkr) and I are going to hike in from Caledonia starting Wednesday night. Probably night hike up to Quarry Gap the first night and then stop somewhere between Birch Run and Toms Run on Thursday depending on how much we lollygag. We've done this section a couple of times before - it's one of the nicer parts of the AT in PA. Anyone know if they rebuilt the one shelter that burned down at Tom's Run last October?
    see you on the trail,
    Mike

#optoutside

Hammock
    DH T-BIRD - SL 1.8 poly
    Tarp
    HG CF 4
    Insulation
    LeighLo/HG
    Suspension
    Adj web, whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by perrito View Post
    I came down with back spasms this week and missed 3 days of work. I mentioned this trip to my chiropractor and he's not to keen on the idea. I haven't given up hope yet but things are tentative for me. I am feeling better every day so I'm hopeful.
    Hey Perrito, looking forward to seeing you again at MAHHA! Jane aka Nyquil is coming too. When are you going to convince your wifey to make it?? I cannot make a pre-hike but plan to do something early saturday morning - a loop of some sort, for maybe 5-6 miles. Spoke to JG and he's not making it if you haven't spoken to him lately.
    John aka Suede

Hammock
    Tinkr Custom, Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Superfly
    Insulation
    EE RevX, HG, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware, Trees
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Foot View Post
    Dan (Tinkr) and I are going to hike in from Caledonia starting Wednesday night. Probably night hike up to Quarry Gap the first night and then stop somewhere between Birch Run and Toms Run on Thursday depending on how much we lollygag. We've done this section a couple of times before - it's one of the nicer parts of the AT in PA. Anyone know if they rebuilt the one shelter that burned down at Tom's Run last October?
    Where not going to be able to start till Thursday morning so were now planning on doing the Rocky Knob - Quarry Gap Loop instead.
    see you on the trail,
    Mike

#optoutside

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12