Tarp
    Guide Gear
    Insulation
    Pad or DIY quilt
    Suspension
    rings and strap
    Images
    The hang is getting close!

It may BE fall calender wise , but is sure ISN'T fall weatherwise. Showers and lows in the 70's predicted for the weekend.

The usual suspects are mostly on board (With the exception of heat hater MADD777) (How can a florida born man be so heat submissive?? Gotta wonder. We'll miss him)

I'm planning food and contemplating dumping a lot of stuff that I always carry. low 20 lb. pack is possible.

I'm taking the LilRicky Hidden Pond Short path now that I know where it is. Leaving Friday morning with a two hour drive.

See you there.
    grinder

Hammock
    Simply Light Tree Runner SL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 8x10
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts Top/Btm
    Suspension
    Whoopies!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
    The hang is getting close!

It may BE fall calender wise , but is sure ISN'T fall weatherwise. Showers and lows in the 70's predicted for the weekend.

The usual suspects are mostly on board (With the exception of heat hater MADD777) (How can a florida born man be so heat submissive?? Gotta wonder. We'll miss him)

I'm planning food and contemplating dumping a lot of stuff that I always carry. low 20 lb. pack is possible.

I'm taking the LilRicky Hidden Pond Short path now that I know where it is. Leaving Friday morning with a two hour drive.

See you there.
    See you there!

Hammock
    Switchback/DD Superlight
    Tarp
    BDD/DDH SL
    Insulation
    JRBShen/AHE/DDH UB
    Suspension
    Straps/DC-DDH susp
    WAAAHHH!!! The good news is that I got the permethrin and my Sawyer mini-filter (grinder, twill be enough for my infrequent needs) arrived yesterday; the bad news is I have to bail. I am sooo ticked off!

I've reached the stage where I'm not willing to spend any more money on my 142K miles, 10-year-old Highlander. She started feeling her age a couple of years ago. Soooo, after a quick peek in the Jeep/Dodge lot, I moseyed over to the Toyota dealer. I was looking for the same purchase as I did with the highlander where I Bought a one year old model with low mileage and the dealer's warranty...and I found it.

2013 Toyota 4Runner with towing hitch and roof rack and only 21K miles! ($34K). I had $4K in cash from jewelry I recently sold to start building up a good deposit. Unfortunately, I can't afford payments on my retirement income, so my financial planner (after approving my choice is going to withdraw funds from my retirement money account. This involves selling stocks and it will be a few days until the money will be in my bank account. He thinks maybe by Thursday. This brings me to close too the time wire.

I had planned to depart Miami on Wed. Leave the doggies in Okeechobee and head to Juniper on Thursday. So, I'll see you guys at the unofficial hang in October. (Tx Timberr for saying I could hike in with you. I was a bit worried.)

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sandykayak View Post
    WAAAHHH!!! The good news is that I got the permethrin and my Sawyer mini-filter (grinder, twill be enough for my infrequent needs) arrived yesterday; the bad news is I have to bail. I am sooo ticked off!

I've reached the stage where I'm not willing to spend any more money on my 142K miles, 10-year-old Highlander. She started feeling her age a couple of years ago. Soooo, after a quick peek in the Jeep/Dodge lot, I moseyed over to the Toyota dealer. I was looking for the same purchase as I did with the highlander where I Bought a one year old model with low mileage and the dealer's warranty...and I found it.

2013 Toyota 4Runner with towing hitch and roof rack and only 21K miles! ($34K). I had $4K in cash from jewelry I recently sold to start building up a good deposit. Unfortunately, I can't afford payments on my retirement income, so my financial planner (after approving my choice is going to withdraw funds from my retirement money account. This involves selling stocks and it will be a few days until the money will be in my bank account. He thinks maybe by Thursday. This brings me to close too the time wire.

I had planned to depart Miami on Wed. Leave the doggies in Okeechobee and head to Juniper on Thursday. So, I'll see you guys at the unofficial hang in October. (Tx Timberr for saying I could hike in with you. I was a bit worried.)
    I'm sorry to hear that, sandykayak. I'm glad to hear that your new car is going to be a steal, though. I'll probably see you at the big hang in January; between now and then, my trips are either going to be biking or hiking.
    "Just prepare what you can and enjoy the rest."
    --Floridahanger

I will be attending with both of my sons (8 & 11). The kids don't have school on Friday so we will be at Juniper Springs on Thursday evening. This is our first trip to Hidden Pond. The boys wanted me to ask if it was worth bringing their fishing gear. We will be hanging until Sunday.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Straps, D. Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roughneck1 View Post
    I will be attending with both of my sons (8 & 11). The kids don't have school on Friday so we will be at Juniper Springs on Thursday evening. This is our first trip to Hidden Pond. The boys wanted me to ask if it was worth bringing their fishing gear. We will be hanging until Sunday.
    Welcome Roughnecks 1,2 & 3! Looking forward to meeting y'all at Hidden Pond. (I'll be the one with tired feet.)
    HangCon Sign Up:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

So many trees, so little time...

Hammock
    DIY double layer
    Tarp
    Guide Gear
    Insulation
    Pad or DIY quilt
    Suspension
    rings and strap
    Images
    Roughneck,

Last trip there, two guys were fishing and had caught a few barely big enough to eat. Where we wade to get water and swim, you can see lots of minnows and a few small fish.

SandyKayak you will be missed!!
    Last edited by Grinder; 09-23-2014 at 17:04.
    grinder

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Sandy, Glad and sad for you.

If you still wish it, you can drive up Friday to Juniper Springs and hike in Sat from Hidden Pond Short. I too will be coming in on Sat., but hiking in from Pat's Island. Just say the word and I'll come in from HPS trail with you. I'll be in the area around 3-4pm if that works for you. If that's too late in the afternoon, I hope to still see you in camp.

If you do that and stay until Monday, then, you can hike out with lilricky, Timberrr, Gumbo and anyone else at HPS.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    You don't have to sign up to go, just go. We'll be happy to see you there.

Sept 26 - Sept 29, 2014 (Friday-Monday) The 3rd Annual Summer's Last Gasp Hang, hanger's list:

1)FLRider - Fri-Sun
    2)Wafflebox -
    3)Floridahanger - Sat afternoon-Sun, maybe Mon. - Pat's Island, Sat 3-4pm
    4)Lilricky - Fri-Mon - Hidden Pond Short
    5)Sandykayak - Fri-Mon - Hidden Pond Short
    6)Timberrr -Fri-Mon - Hidden Pond Short
    7)Gumbo - Fri-Mon - Hidden Pond Short
    8)Grinder - Fri-? - Hidden Pond Short
    9)Great White
    10)Life Scout
    11)C+1
    12)Little Life Scout
    13)equilibrium - Fri-? - Fri 6-7pm
    14)Robcp1981 - Fri-Sun - Hidden Pond Short, Fri 4-5pm
    15)Rob's son - Fri-Sun - Hidden Pond Short, Fri 4-5pm
    16)SkunkApe - Fri-Sun
    17)Roughneck1 - Thurs-Sun - Juniper Springs
    18a&b)Little Roughnecks - Thurs-Sun - Juniper Springs

Wants to go:
    1)Jake2c
    2)YeahIdIDThat

There are a lot of new faces coming on in. How cool is that?

Looks like possible showers for this year's hang. Same as last year, will probably be wet on the hike in and beautiful at evening.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

• + New Posts
  • Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast