Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    LaGrange, GA
    Hammock
    Yukon
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 9
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Posts
    171
    That is simply a gorgeous tarp. Thanks for sharing!

  2. #12

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    MA
    Hammock
    11ft Argon 1.6oz, single layer
    Tarp
    Camo SilArgon
    Insulation
    Down!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    448
    A couple more pix and details.

    Porch mode.


    Cuben reinforcements with coed pockets..


    Pole mod.


    Packing size.

  3. #13
    CrappyfishRman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Iowa
    Hammock
    Eno Db nest and DIY acu camo hammoc
    Tarp
    Cheap blue tarp :(
    Insulation
    Diy Insultex UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Posts
    99
    Great looking tarp! Do you know how the argon compares to Silnylon as far as durability? Torn between the 2 fabrics on which to use!!
    CrappyfishRman

  4. #14

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    MA
    Hammock
    11ft Argon 1.6oz, single layer
    Tarp
    Camo SilArgon
    Insulation
    Down!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    448
    Thanks! No real idea yet, but my experience with the non-sil Argon CS90 underquilt gives me a lot of confidence. I'm obviously going to avoid pitching against rose bushes though.

  5. #15

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    MA
    Hammock
    11ft Argon 1.6oz, single layer
    Tarp
    Camo SilArgon
    Insulation
    Down!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    448
    I realised that I committed a cardinal sin and never posted any weights.

    Currently 22oz, including 5 Al gutter nails, suspension, 4 6' tieouts, polemod and speedsack. I have about 40ft of dynaglide on the suspension, I really should get around to trimming that down. My polemod isn't final so that weight could change. I'm going to try to not use the gutter nails for a while and see if I can make the transition to being stakeless. I'd like to use lighter tieouts, but reflective cord is non-negotiable.

  6. #16
    Member CanoeJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Dillsboro, In
    Hammock
    Hennessy Exped Zip
    Tarp
    Hennessy Exp Tarp
    Insulation
    PLUQ
    Posts
    64
    Images
    1
    Looks good. I'd love to hang under a tarp that big that packs down that small! Great job!
    “The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.”
    ― Albert Einstein

  7. #17
    squidbilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Alabamistan
    Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    DIY
    Posts
    807
    Images
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by genixia View Post
    I realised that I committed a cardinal sin and never posted any weights.

    Currently 22oz, including 5 Al gutter nails, suspension, 4 6' tieouts, polemod and speedsack. I have about 40ft of dynaglide on the suspension, I really should get around to trimming that down. My polemod isn't final so that weight could change. I'm going to try to not use the gutter nails for a while and see if I can make the transition to being stakeless. I'd like to use lighter tieouts, but reflective cord is non-negotiable.
    Excellent job, that's a very nice tarp!
    For weight comparison: that same tarp in silnylon minus the stakes, dynaglide suspension and polemod weighs about 23ozs.: so the silargon does make a difference in the weight.

  8. #18

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    MA
    Hammock
    11ft Argon 1.6oz, single layer
    Tarp
    Camo SilArgon
    Insulation
    Down!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    448
    Quote Originally Posted by CanoeJoe View Post
    Looks good. I'd love to hang under a tarp that big that packs down that small! Great job!
    Thanks. It packs so so much smaller than my previous tarp, Kelty Noahs Tarp 12, and weighs a lot less too. Big tarp is a requirement for me - I hang 4 seasons and enjoy privacy.

  9. #19

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    MA
    Hammock
    11ft Argon 1.6oz, single layer
    Tarp
    Camo SilArgon
    Insulation
    Down!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    448
    Quote Originally Posted by squidbilly View Post
    Excellent job, that's a very nice tarp!
    For weight comparison: that same tarp in silnylon minus the stakes, dynaglide suspension and polemod weighs about 23ozs.: so the silargon does make a difference in the weight.
    That information is awesome, I was wondering exactly that. Thanks!

  10. #20
    SirMarkos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Hammock
    DIY 12' PolyD
    Tarp
    DIY 12x10 silArgon
    Insulation
    HG 0º UQ / 20º TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Speed Hooks
    Posts
    645
    Images
    1
    Great looking tarp! I'm hoping in the future that silargon will come in other camo flavors! Multicam or ATACS would be my picks!
    Last edited by SirMarkos; 09-11-2014 at 09:30.

Similar Threads

  1. How do you hang a tarp?
    By swankfly in forum Weather Protection
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-10-2013, 07:21
  2. How to hang a tarp - not!
    By nogods in forum Weather Protection
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-20-2012, 03:47
  3. tarp hang
    By the_gr8t_waldo in forum Weather Protection
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-09-2011, 07:56
  4. ATHH as Tarp Hang
    By njenkins in forum Grand Trunk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-23-2011, 11:33
  5. How do I hang 2 hammocks under the same tarp?
    By stevebo in forum General Hammock Talk
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-11-2009, 16:46

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •