Mid-Atlantic Mountain Works MultiCam Loft Mountain 0

I would first like to thank Jared at Mid-Atlantic Mountain Works for taking on this daunting task. I asked him to make me a huge top quilt out of a fabric that he had never worked with (Epsilon) and without hesitation he jumped in head first and put together what I must say is a fantastic piece of gear.

I wish I could give you an out in the boonies, sub-zero temp review but since I live in San Antonio, where it rarely gets sub-90s, I will give my overall impressions of this beauty. I did lay on my floor under it this morning for about 5 minutes and started to sweat, if that means anything. I plan on taking the Loft Mountain on a trip to the Ozarks after the new year and will give a better review of its use in the field when I return.

Outer cover is MultiCam, 'nuff said. Inner fabric is the ever soft Argon in a very nice brown which accents the MultiCam quite nicely. Sewing is sturdy and nicely done on all areas and I can't foresee any issues with this thing holding up for many years of use. Quilt is filled with 23-24 ounces of 850 Fill Power HyperDRY Water Resistant Down and let me tell you it is FLUFFY! I have not weighed it yet (I am not one who is too concerned about a few ounces here or there) but I can tell you that I think the sheer awesomeness of this thing adds a few ounces. One thing Jared did include was a sunglasses looking case at the foot of the quilt that is used to stuff in the hole when the drawstring is pulled tight to keep drafts out of the footbox. Instead of using a sock he said this would serve the same purpose - and it was made out of MultiCam

I really like the versatility that all of the draw-strings give to the quilt. They are included on all sides of the quilt and make it easy to cinch the quilt around your body like a cocoon. They can also be removed if you do not plan on using them. Another well thought-out feature.

I took some pics but they don't do it justice so I won't include them here (except for the one of it on my king size bed for size reference - at least I think it attached). For great pics you need to bounce on over to Jared's website and take a look at his more professional photos of the quilt. Once on his site go to store/top quilts/Loft Mountain 0 and feast your eyes on this thing.

Now to customer service. Jared is a fantastic guy to work with. He was very open and transparent throughout the whole process from ordering to delivery and I can not recommend him highly enough. Great quilts from a great guy. Buy stuff from him.

Now I am just waiting for the South Texas freeze......................

Doug
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    currently hammeck envy
    Tarp
    superfly, tadpole
    Insulation
    phnx,zepp,jbrdge
    Suspension
    straps, hammock an
    thats a beauty!
    It's not the boulders that throw us off balance, it's the pebbles beneath our feet

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    Nice color combo. I hear that multicam may be getting very rare; some licensing problem.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, Jarbidge
    Hey Doug,

Thanks for the kind words! I am super excited you are happy with your quilt. It was a pleasure both to make it and to work with you. Hope it brings you many warm nights!
    Jared

Mid-Atlantic Mountain Works
    www.mid-atlanticmountainworks.com

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Jared's work is top notch. Great guy to go to, he will find out what you want and make it for you.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I like it. Looks like you have a winner there.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
    Nice color combo. I hear that multicam may be getting very rare; some licensing problem.
    i have not heard this at all. the US Military got tired of paying out the rear end for "crye precision" brand products for the military. so they tasked several different companies to come up with something similar. One company came up with one that's pretty dagum close. So surplus "multicam" will be floading the market soon.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Actually, under a government contract in 2002, Crye submitted a pattern called SCORPION to the army. Unfortunaltely the Army went with their crappy UCP that is now going to be phased out (dumbest camo pattern ever). Crye then improved SCORPION into a new pattern called multicam. Since the Army owns Scorpion, they tweaked it into a new pattern called ScorpionW2 or as the Army calls it, Operational Camoflage Pattern (OCP), which looks almost exactly like multicam (a little lighter and less vertical elements in OCP) and are using it for their new uniforms set to roll out in 2015.
    List of Splicing Guides
    Come to the Dark Side...We have cookies.

• + New Posts