Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sounds like the problem is all taken care of. One thing about Jared is that he stands behind everything he makes. Subtle hint here: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...signs-subforum

I have a Trail Lair 1.6 10 footer with the double zipper and it took a little time for me to perfect the opening and closing. I found that if I had the zipper on the opposite side of my shoulder, it would always be easy to open up. I think the key is to keep the pressure off of it, because I could see how you could potentially damage the zipper by forcing it. I love how comfortable and light mine is!

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear/KAQ
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch bug
    Quote Originally Posted by Funny Money View Post
    I read nothing in this thread that sounded like you were negative towards Jared in any way, FWIW. You were seeking a solution in an open, non-negative way.

Not sure what Mychal is reading that I'm not.

Go Jared!!!!
    Good to know. Thanks :-)

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear/KAQ
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch bug
    Quote Originally Posted by michigandave View Post
    Sounds like the problem is all taken care of. One thing about Jared is that he stands behind everything he makes. Subtle hint here: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...signs-subforum

I have a Trail Lair 1.6 10 footer with the double zipper and it took a little time for me to perfect the opening and closing. I found that if I had the zipper on the opposite side of my shoulder, it would always be easy to open up. I think the key is to keep the pressure off of it, because I could see how you could potentially damage the zipper by forcing it. I love how comfortable and light mine is!
    I've spoken with Jared about the lack of sub forum and he has told me that he does pretty well for himself on his own and didn't see the need to pay for more advertising like some of the larger hammock makers do. He does all of his own work and doesn't employee anyone else. Advertising would not only cost him more money, but it would also bring more work than he said he could handle.

I do think it's too bad that for all the time i've spent on this site, it took me purchasing something random, like whoopies or straps, from him on ebay before i ever found his website. At this point i own 3 of his hammocks and if i ever want anything custom i offer it to him first. His work is second to none and better than most. I've recommended him to friends and family and they've all been surprised at the level of detail, craftsmanship, and price, especially considering it's all made right here in the good ol usa.

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy-S and SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Some WL and UGQ
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies
    Images
    I read nothing in this thread that sounded like you were negative towards Jared in any way, FWIW. You were seeking a solution in an open, non-negative way.

Not sure what Mychal is reading that I'm not.

Go Jared!!!!
    We'll have to disagree, then. I think barchetta finished up well here, but my personal philosophy with the Mom and Pop shops is when there is an issue, handle it on the DL _first_. Then, if they don't work to resolve your issue to your satisfaction, then post away about the issue, I guess. My mistake here is thinking I would convince anybody to handle things like I would.

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0, Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ's, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Quote Originally Posted by mychal View Post
    We'll have to disagree, then. I think barchetta finished up well here, but my personal philosophy with the Mom and Pop shops is when there is an issue, handle it on the DL _first_. Then, if they don't work to resolve your issue to your satisfaction, then post away about the issue, I guess. My mistake here is thinking I would convince anybody to handle things like I would.
    No Mychal,

I agree that your recommended approach (call the vendor first) is good. Nothing wrong with the OP seeking input here, as long as he remains "constructive", which he did.

My reference was to you saying that the OP was "blowing him (Jared") up". He did nothing of the sort.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear/KAQ
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch bug
    No Mychal,

I agree that your recommended approach (call the vendor first) is good. Nothing wrong with the OP seeking input here, as long as he remains "constructive", which he did.

My reference was to you saying that the OP was "blowing him (Jared") up". He did nothing of the sort.
    My thinking as well.

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Quote Originally Posted by barchetta View Post
    I've spoken with Jared about the lack of sub forum and he has told me that he does pretty well for himself on his own and didn't see the need to pay for more advertising like some of the larger hammock makers do...
    Just to be clear...a vendor sub-forum has nothing to do with advertising. There is no way for a vendor to "buy" a subforum. It is simply a matter of if/when the volume of posts is high enough to warrant a sub-forum from an ease of moderation perspective.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear/KAQ
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch bug
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    Just to be clear...a vendor sub-forum has nothing to do with advertising. There is no way for a vendor to "buy" a subforum. It is simply a matter of if/when the volume of posts is high enough to warrant a sub-forum from an ease of moderation perspective.
    Well that's good to know, other forums dealt with in the past charged an "advertising" fee for having a sub forum. I stand corrected.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12