Cotton Amazonian, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Kelty, WB Superfly
    Insulation
    uq or pad
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images

Ragdoll cat + tiny spreader bar hammock is a winner!

That video is great! Ragdoll cats are so cute and cuddly my daughters would have loved and abused the heck out of one, but I got them a Maine Coon Cat instead because I am that kind of a Father. Our calm but at times strong-willed purebred coon cat would love to have her own hammock. I should make a stand and hammock or two for the kid's cats. Currently they only have some very lousy ones made with PVC pipe stands which they constantly fight over, ugly but functional. That wooden one on youtube is very cool. I like the swinging action, very funny.

A giant one for a labrador dog should be possible, on youtube somewhere?

I love it. I don't think my cat would go for it, but it is worth a try.

Banned
    Hammock
    Tarp
    Kelty, WB Superfly
    Insulation
    uq or pad
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images

Simple, ugly, quasi hammock like device

A simple version made with PVC from hardware store. Some pet owners are concerned that the pet (cat or dog) will get their head stuck in the gap in corners and seriously injure or choke themselves. This is a serious consideration. Mine have had them for years with no problems many other hazards in the house (and yard if they went outside). But considering that pedigree cats and dogs cost $1000 or more and food and vet bills can be much more than that per year and wife and kids get very attached to them it is a consideration.

Note: that with a PVC like stand or "hammock" like device like this you can always add on longer legs and possibly even more levels, just be sure the base is very secure or heavy if it gets tall or a webbing strap or two to a stud in the wall adjacent to it. Especially if you live in Napa Valley and are concerned with 6.0 earthquakes tipping it over.

Banned
    Hammock
    Tarp
    Kelty, WB Superfly
    Insulation
    uq or pad
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images

Most cats enjoy a good hang, dogs as well

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Huey View Post
    I love it. I don't think my cat would go for it, but it is worth a try.
    Depending on how heavy your cat (30 pound coon cat?) or dog is you may be able to tie some cord between some heavy furniture and pin some thick fabric to it and see how the pet likes it. Best if low to ground first. Most cats and even dogs like the snug feel of it. Between a bed post and dresser or stair banister and door knob, MSH in door crack, spreader bars may not even be necessary. The PVC version just makes it more portable and very quick and easy to make and clean. Target once sold a kit of a modular system but it was very light duty that really only worked for kittens, better to make your own "stand" with wood or PVC. Hook in wall with compression bar to existing cat tower and hammock hanging below, or compression bar between 2 cat towers, just be creative there are dozens of possibilities.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock "Sparrow"
    Tarp
    Superfly,Kelty 12
    Insulation
    hg 20 inc/40 phnx
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Maine Coon Cat!!! In the theme of the movie JAWS..."I think your gonna need a bigger hammock".

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    ENO Housefly
    Insulation
    Jarbidge UQ
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas straps
    Images
    i'm making a hammock for my pup to go camping with me. hopefully it works out that well lol.

• + New Posts