Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 0* incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

great times with son

set up.jpg

Am very happy with our new HH.
    not going to get into reviewing the hammocks as that has been done and they are just as i thought they would be GREAT.
    but will answer anyones questions they have on them.

one on left is an ultrilite Backpacker with Monsoon 30D silnylon and other is DJXL with Typhoon.
    this was the first time set up and have more to learn and adjust.
    We tied a figure 8 knot 12" from end of Hammock and used biner's to clip into Atlas straps.
    we tried the HH method and sorry im sure it works great but for us it was just wat to much "fiddle" to be
    our next step will be to replace the OEM cordage with Amsteel whoopie slings for fine tunning the hang.
    also th 30 deg left my RL very loose and was not a confortable lay.
    I put mine on about 20 deg and that gave me a RL that was snug but could still twist it to a 90 deg bend with my my fingers and my 235 Lbs in it.

will talk a little bit about the rain flys,
    they are not the largest tarps out there but they do have good coverage.
    we hung them on there own lines not on the hammock lines.
    with them staked out with all 8 tie outs with blast doors on felt very cosey.
    will try and use my treking poles to hold up one side as a porch.

Cant wait to get out on the trail and even in some weather to realy test them out but feel they will preform as they say they will

Hammock
    DIY, Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    20 Incubator,WL SS
    Suspension
    whoopies, MSH
    Have fun out in the woods with your new hammocks. It does take some fiddling to get the hang just right for you.
    Keep movin', keep believing and enjoy the journey!

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB Nest
    Suspension
    Different Types
    I use the monsoon with my expedition and it has worked perfectly in high winds and blowing rain. I use the hex with my survivor, and that works good too, it just doesn't have the blast doors. Have fun.

Check out this article/video from The Ultimate Hang before you modify your suspension. It will give you many suspension options to work with. I'll be getting my amsteel tomorrow and I'll be putting loops on my HHs then.

http://theultimatehang.com/2013/07/s...ntinuous-loop/

Hammock
    Dutch PoylD 11' charcoal grey
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 0* incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    really like the small loop and biner along with our Atlas straps but along with that I'm thinking of a way to fine tune the length to get it just right.
    i have used the altas straps with a Wal-Mart hammock and they do make setup fast but at times i wished for only moving it a half a loop up or down
    Guess that is where the whoopie slings come in to play for the fine tune.
    could get Dutchwear setup with the small loop and keep atlas Straps for our Wal-Mart Hammocks for when sons friends comwe over and want to hang.
    as you can see I have alot of thoughts about it and want to keep it simple and fast but does not have to be a speed record.
    as long as i can do my hammock setup faster than any one of my tents I have then I'm happy.
    Plus son has to be able to set his up on his own too if on a trip with scouts that I am not own cause of work and Mom goes. she will tent camp but he will be doing his hammock.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC/Hennessy EXP
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    AHE New River
    Suspension
    Depends on my mood
    I like that you are thinking about this a lot. A lot of thinking will pay off in the end. I think a webbing setup is by far the easiest but it does weigh more than whoopies. I bet your son can learn a few things on YouTube and tell you what he thinks is best.

For me I have had the most difficult time figuring out what I like for my tarp suspension and tie outs. I have recently been using some mini figure nine biners and I love how simple and cheap they are.

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    DIY Hexish Tarp
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    The monsoon/typhoon are great little tarps. My wife loves hers. An extra 6" at each end would have been perfect though. Good to see that you're teaching your son to do his own set up. I started that with my son this year as well. He's almost there.
    Good luck on your suspension. My wifes and sons have loops tied in the original suspension with whoopies larksheaded on and mine I removed the the original line and replaced with whoopies. The other two are still using stock suspension. Lots of different ways to try.

Hammock
    Dutch PoylD 11' charcoal grey
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 0* incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Thanks for the insite and compliments too on teaching my son.
    He is tirning 13 in a month and is a boy scout First class and SPL of his troop.
    Mom and I are very proud of the young man he is growing up to be. he is way more mature than is age and does alot to teach the younger scouts about being in the woods and being a scout. We as a family live the scout law every day. some times we fall alittle short but it still guides us along in life. We also Have an lder daughter that loves the outdoors as well and goes on outing with us when she can. and she can out do most of the scouts her age.
    sorry for going on about my kids but they are our lives and love every min. spent with them in the outdoors.

Your right about son needing to find what he likes too. i am working on showing him alot of dif. setups and for him to let me know what he likes and works for him. am not going to tell him he has to use what i use. But he likes the feel of the fabric of my DJXL over his ultrilite Backpacker
    he does like the Atlas straps and biner real well.
    so will keep looking for more setups to try out.

• + New Posts