Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images

MICHIGAN HANG SEPT. 25-27th

Anyone interested, I'm putting out the invite for a group hang-hike and bike-kayak-canoe.
    Last weekend in September, Yankee Springs Recreation Area. 5,000 acres, rolling hills, miles of trails with a seperate mountain bike trail course. We will be camping at the Deep Lake Campground, a rustic (no flush toilet or electric) campground. There is a real shower and toilet facility nearby at the Gun Lake Campground, that you can use, with your day pass.
    Lots of trees to hang from, fishing at the lakes, pump water and vault toilets.
    You can bring your heavy car camping set-ups, as this is a drive in camp.http://www.michigandnr.com/ParksandT...=511&type=SPRK
    I wanted to do this in September, before the men in orange come thru the woods (hunters). Sites are $12.oo/night, reservations are not neccessary, very little traffic that time of year. No group site available, so if your interested, let me know and I'll try to get a few connecting campsites.http://www.michigandnr.com/Publicati...prings_map.pdf
    Bring your own food for the most of the weekend. We will do a cookout Sat. or Sun. potluck style, so bring a dish to pass,if you'd like.
    Yankee Springs/ Gun Lake area is south of Grand Rapids and north of Kalamazoo, East of 131.
    Bring your canoe or kayak too, the Thornapple River is nearby, or paddle the lakes nearby.
    12 miles of backwoods mountain bike trails, lots of connecting foot trails.
    PM me if interested. Looking forward to meeting the faces that go with the names. Gargoyle
    P.S. Family, wives and kids welcome....
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Man that sounds fun. My wife and I have camped at that campground. Watched a full lunar eclipse in November, got down in the teens. We had fun.

I am going to be paddling the Manistee that weekend, otherwise I would be there.
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Sorry about the late notice. PM me if your back in my neighborhood again. The Manistee is nice, I grew up on the White River, lots of fun. We did an annual trip for awhile, Hesperia to Montague, with a camp-out in the middle.
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by gargoyle View Post
    Sorry about the late notice. PM me if your back in my neighborhood again. The Manistee is nice, I grew up on the White River, lots of fun. We did an annual trip for awhile, Hesperia to Montague, with a camp-out in the middle.
    I've paddled that stretch a couple of times. Some nice water, almost class II in a couple of places.
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hammock
    DH RG 11' 1.6 Lefty
    Tarp
    HG, OES
    Insulation
    UQG,HG,WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Are you planning on riding, kayaking or hiking? What kind of bike trails are they, single track? I've taken my fair share of trips this year, but seeing it's on a weekend and reasonably close to home, it's possible I may do it. Have to see when time gets closer. Kids take first priority.

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    BUMP.. Response has been poor, to say the least. Anyone have any interest. Ohms, sorry I didn't answer right away. 11 miles of mostly single track, not crowded trails.
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

Hammock
    DH RG 11' 1.6 Lefty
    Tarp
    HG, OES
    Insulation
    UQG,HG,WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Gargoyle are you doing this trip with other folks? If I end up going it would be a last minute thing. Biking or hiking, it doesn't matter to me. I only have weekends left. Just burned the last of my vacation days up on Manitou Island. Now that would be a place for a group hang. Lots of trees and no restrictions.

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    I've had zero response for attendees...... so I'm just keeping that weekend open. Not good with no other folks, but it is okay. If I don't think more folks will show, I will probably cancel. Maybe try to do something another year and different date, to close to Hot Springs Hang for most folks.

Manitou is sweet, stayed there twice. Also went to South Fox, just north of Manitou, for a week. Fox was my first hammock hang in '81. An old army jungle special. Good place to visit, hard to get to though. You know what they say, you always remember your first.
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

• + New Posts