Hammock
    ENO/tablecloth
    Tarp
    wb superfly
    Insulation
    yeti,peapod(1st v
    Suspension
    whoopies treestrap
    so, no one will be allowed to hand on #413????
    Peanuts

"A womans place is on the trail"

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    So I just figured out that the training I put in for at work is in knoxvills, TN. If I were to sit down and map out my trip, I wonder if I might not happen to want to leave early and make a stop.

I will bring all my fire retardant gear. Maybe borrow turnout gear from the fire dept. When running feather and hangin burrito came to the uwharrie hang nasa sent out a rep to ask us to turn down the fire, it was causing interference with the hubble telescope.

A few years ago I began my hf adventure. As I was learning and following all that goes on here I discovered a cool phenomenon called a hang. I planned and wanted to go so badly. With only one car and all the stuff I do with scouts I was unable to go. So I started the uwharrie hang ( at least the latest version).

I now need to see if the training got approved. Its from 10-6 to the 10th.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG TQ,UQ, DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopies or rings
    I would be there in a heartbeat if it wasnt for new job. If you haven't hung out with Running Feather and Hanging Burrito u are missing out big time they are a blast and some of the best dudes I know
    "I love not man the less, but Nature more."
    Byron

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountnman View Post
    I would be there in a heartbeat if it wasnt for new job. If you haven't hung out with Running Feather and Hanging Burrito u are missing out big time they are a blast and some of the best dudes I know
    And they can cook. They would have hobits asking why we are eating so often. I would still like to see them out at the uwharrie hang.

Hammock
    Wilderness Logics Night/Lite Owls
    Tarp
    WL-TP/OMW/BF
    Insulation
    WL-TQ/UQ x3
    Suspension
    Dutch-n-Whopies
    Images
    I can't make it this year Ladies and fellers.
    The magic MRI says I have 2 tears in my rt. rotator cuff.
    The surgery has not been scheduled yet. Prob. happen right around that time.
    The RF/HB hangs are the Best, it saddens me to have missed both JR and HS hangs.
    I'm counting on someone to do the do the magic silverware suspension trick over at the restaurant.

Y'all post lots of pictures and videos to aid my recovery, please.
    __bob__

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    WB straps
    Quote Originally Posted by miyanc View Post
    When running feather and hangin burrito came to the uwharrie hang nasa sent out a rep to ask us to turn down the fire, it was causing interference with the hubble telescope.
    Haha, that's awesome...

Hmm...I want to go on this trip in addition to Grayson Highlands/Merchants Mill/Uwharrie Yates Place, but 4 hangs in 7 weeks is really gonna be hard to pull off from a vacation/time-off standpoint....If I can swing it, I'm gonna come out for this one too, but I'll have to play it by ear....

Let's see here, 10 hour shifts, 3 vacation hours accrued per paycheck....**goes off to do some math**

Senior Member carolinasbackpacker's Avatar
    Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    Hammock gear
    Suspension
    dutch hook mostly
    Well I'll be there. You know I can't let the other three horseman ride alone.... They might get lost

Signed

1 of the 4 founding members of the FF club
    Show of Life Media Youtube Channel

The Carolinas Backpackpacker Chronicles

I'm drawn to the open country. Its where the world makes the most sense. When I put myself out there I always return with something new.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    My wife will tell you that after having both shoulders operated on that the surgery is the easy part. It's the PT ( Physical Terrorpist as she called them ) that is hard. Best of luck on getting it fix.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    DIY of the Day
    Tarp
    DIY of the Day
    Insulation
    DIY PLoft/IX-UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    WS or Spyder Line
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewker View Post
    I had a good time last yr but not sure if we can make it this yr.
    Hamhocker is having wrist surgery in Sept and will be off work until Oct 1. Not sure if the Dr will say she can go back to work or not then. The following week we are heading to Mich to go to the Fall Hang and Chili festival. This will be a long well needed vacation for us then we get back just in time for Neo's hang. Man it would be fun to do this for 3 weekends in a row.
    You will be missed. Fingers crossed for Hamhocker.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacoma96 View Post
    I will keep an eye on this one, but like others two back to back hangs will be hard. Thanks.
    Back to backs are great!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Hot Springs Hang...hmmmm
    Autumn leaf color...hmmmm.

In the Carolinas, mid September through mid October may be the most perfect time of year for hiking and hanging.
    Cool nights warm sunny days...and peak-colorful leaves.

If ever there was a season for heading into the piney woods over and over again then it would be around these dates for me.

Busy season for hangs indeed.
    Maybe I'll try consecutive weekend hangs....what's the record for consecutive weekends attending a group hang??
    You're definitely in contention for the record Loki.

Quote Originally Posted by Hangin' Burrito View Post
    Well said Loki, Yep my favorite season is autumn, and hangin' in Hot Springs is the perfect way to kick off the fall hikin' season.
    A big thank you for starting this thread guys!!
    I'll bring a bunch of old cabinet doors and see if they'll burn!!

HB
    HB IS the Master of the Shuttle Fire!

Quote Originally Posted by peanuts View Post
    so, no one will be allowed to hand on #413????
    The years have been unkind to the group site as far as trees go. As many as can fit, are welcome to hang on the group site.

So I just figured out that the training I put in for at work is in knoxvills, TN. If I were to sit down and map out my trip, I wonder if I might not happen to want to leave early and make a stop.

I will bring all my fire retardant gear. Maybe borrow turnout gear from the fire dept. When running feather and hangin burrito came to the uwharrie hang nasa sent out a rep to ask us to turn down the fire, it was causing interference with the hubble telescope.

A few years ago I began my hf adventure. As I was learning and following all that goes on here I discovered a cool phenomenon called a hang. I planned and wanted to go so badly. With only one car and all the stuff I do with scouts I was unable to go. So I started the uwharrie hang ( at least the latest version).

I now need to see if the training got approved. Its from 10-6 to the 10th.
    Loved the Uwharrie Hang. Going to try and make it this year to. Great times.
    All fire Dept gear is welcome. HB has singed entire crowds with his "buzzing" pyrotechnics.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountnman View Post
    You will be missed my Rhodo-Cracking friend.

And they can cook. They would have hobits asking why we are eating so often. I would still like to see them out at the uwharrie hang.
    HB is a DO master. Uwharrie may become a reality

Quote Originally Posted by flatline View Post
    I can't make it this year Ladies and fellers.
    The RF/HB hangs are the Best, it saddens me to have missed both JR and HS hangs.
    I'm counting on someone to do the do the magic silverware suspension trick over at the restaurant.

Y'all post lots of pictures and videos to aid my recovery, please.
    __bob__
    You will be missed. I'm hoping Spamburgler will be our resident Magician.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith6761 View Post
    Haha, that's awesome...

Hmm...I want to go on this trip in addition to Grayson Highlands/Merchants Mill/Uwharrie Yates Place, but 4 hangs in 7 weeks is really gonna be hard to pull off from a vacation/time-off standpoint....If I can swing it, I'm gonna come out for this one too, but I'll have to play it by ear....

Let's see here, 10 hour shifts, 3 vacation hours accrued per paycheck....**goes off to do some math**
    Use HB's calculator. Always seems to turn out more time off.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinasbackpacker View Post
    Well I'll be there. You know I can't let the other three horseman ride alone.... They might get lost

Signed

1 of the 4 founding members of the FF club
    Rule #1 - Never hike alone.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    My wife will tell you that after having both shoulders operated on that the surgery is the easy part. It's the PT ( Physical Terrorpist as she called them ) that is hard. Best of luck on getting it fix.
    Quite true. Cutting's easy. Healing can hurt.
    2015 John Rock Spreadsheet.

"If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing you should do is STOP DIGGING "

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Superfly/ Henne
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Lynx
    Suspension
    Continuous loop/ b
    Images
    I'm off that weekend going to try and make it.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast