Tarp
    DIY of the Day
    Insulation
    DIY PLoft/IX-UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    WS or Spyder Line
    Images

NC> 2014 Hot Springs Hang> October 3rd-5th, 2014

Yeppers, the time has come to once again descend upon the quaint little town of Hot Springs N.C.

The very first group hang that HB and I went to was the semi-annual SEHHA hang, that Ed Speers used to host, back in 2009. HB & I still talk about the fun we had there and all the great people we met. So, we thought why not bring it back- again!

That's right folks, HB and I have decided to host yet another Hot Springs hang. We've had several people, over the last couple of hangs ask if we were going to. The official dates are from Friday October 3rd- Sunday the 5th. The usual site has been secured,(#413), This will be the site for our group activities; but it's a good idea to call up the Hot Springs campground and reserve one for yourself 1-828-622-7267.

There'll be Dutch oven cooking going on, ladderball championships, hiking, kayaking/canoeing, and of course....big campfires every night. Cabins are available to rent, just ask the campground people when you call.

This is a family-friendly, newbie friendly, come-one come-all car-camping event right next to some of the best Appalachian Trail hiking in the area, a hiker-friendly town, and some of the best white-water in the southeast.

We've reserved site #413, the same site that Ed used to reserve.
    It's a group site that will serve or all our group activities. The other sites that people have gotten in the past that are right next to it are, 407,409, & 411. All are still available, so if you plan on coming I'd recommend reserving as soon as possible.

In keeping with tradition, there'll be a Saturday night hot dog roast, we'll put up a spreadsheet for folks to sign up and bring things.

HB is planning on bringing the Ladderball game, and if someone else wants to bring their cornhole game that would be fun.

So, there it is, let's bring back this family friendly, great time in a beautiful place, car camping at it's best group hang!

We'll post more info soon, just wanted to see who was interested in attending. This has always been one of the group hangs I've looked forward to most.

We'll see ya'll there!

RF

INFORMATION:
    The campground is located on the east side of the town of Hot Springs, NC on Highway US 25/70 directly across from the Hot Springs Resort and Hot Tubs.
    http://www.nchotsprings.com/ Give them a call and reserve a campsite for yourself and friends. Group activities will be held at campsite #413.

The campground is situated on the French Broad River and our campsite is on the rivers' west bank. Here's a 2012 map of the campsites (Thanks Sluggie!)
    https://www.hammockforums.net/galler...p?i=18223&c=18

For those that have not been to Hot Springs, here are links to trip reports from previous 'Hot Springs Hangs'. Lottsa pics and some video.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...AL-TRIP-REPORT

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=22388

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=16928

DIRECTIONS:
    315 Bridge Street, P.O. Box 428, Hot Springs, NC 28743
    For Reservations Call 828.622.7676
    http://nchotsprings.com/nc-hot-springs-contact/
    Last edited by Running Feather; 08-26-2014 at 18:14.
    2015 John Rock Spreadsheet.

"If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing you should do is STOP DIGGING "

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Man o Man. I wish I had known about it sooner. The Hot Springs Hang was my first group hang and I was stuck hanging along the French Broad River, what a veiw. Going to the Grayson Hang the weekend before and can not get two weekends in a row off.

For those who have never been to a group hang and can make it...GO. Great hanging location, camping by a large river, within walking distance of a town with food, beer, and a outfitters and a chance to hike the AT just while walking into town and getting to listen to the train rumble thru town at night.

Added some pictures from that hang.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Frosty Butt Hang Jan 2015 .................. Fat Butt Hang April 2015

neusioktrail.org ..................... Free Hammock Classes

I am 18 with 43 years of experience !

Hammock
    DIY of the Day
    Tarp
    DIY of the Day
    Insulation
    DIY PLoft/IX-UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    WS or Spyder Line
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    Man o Man. I wish I had known about it sooner. The Hot Springs Hang was my first group hang and I was stuck hanging along the French Broad River, what a veiw. Going to the Grayson Hang the weekend before and can not get two weekends in a row off.

For those who have never been to a group hang and can make it...GO. Great hanging location, camping by a large river, within walking distance of a town with food, beer, and a outfitters and a chance to hike the AT just while walking into town and getting to listen to the train rumble thru town at night.

You will be missed my friend

"If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing you should do is STOP DIGGING "

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    You will be missed my friend
    If would good to to see you and HB again also.

You could always come down to the flat lands and join us at the Hunger Hang.
    Frosty Butt Hang Jan 2015 .................. Fat Butt Hang April 2015

neusioktrail.org ..................... Free Hammock Classes

I am 18 with 43 years of experience !

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl & TTTR Switchback
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    +1 on that Gunner. Dang! Don't think I can do 2 weekends in a row either, unless of course someone else would like a to take on a newly divorced ex-wife. Could possibly be a widow instead of ex

Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post

Rockdawg69

Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

Hammock
    DIY of the Day
    Tarp
    DIY of the Day
    Insulation
    DIY PLoft/IX-UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    WS or Spyder Line
    Images
    Prior commitments prevent that from occurring

Hammock
    Henry Shires Tarp Tent
    Tarp
    with a tent?
    Insulation
    Helium down bag
    I had a good time last yr but not sure if we can make it this yr.
    Hamhocker is having wrist surgery in Sept and will be off work until Oct 1. Not sure if the Dr will say she can go back to work or not then. The following week we are heading to Mich to go to the Fall Hang and Chili festival. This will be a long well needed vacation for us then we get back just in time for Neo's hang. Man it would be fun to do this for 3 weekends in a row.
    There are times that the only way you can do something is alone that waiting on the convenience of others means that a lot of opportunities will pass you by
    Spirit Walker

Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool. ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

Hammock
    WBBB, RR, Eno Dn
    Tarp
    WB SF, CB
    Insulation
    WB Mamba, UGQUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies, D Clips
    I will keep an eye on this one, but like others two back to back hangs will be hard. Thanks.
    We are the crazy people.

Most physical hike: Grandfather Mountain, NC. Aug 13.

I don't need to make my pack lighter. I need to make my a_ _ lighter.

Hammock
    WB, JRB, WL
    Tarp
    bigger is better;)
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, UGQ, WL
    Suspension
    Strap'BinerWhoopie
    Images
    Hot Springs Hang...hmmmm
    Autumn leaf color...hmmmm.

In the Carolinas, mid September through mid October may be the most perfect time of year for hiking and hanging.
    Cool nights warm sunny days...and peak-colorful leaves.

If ever there was a season for heading into the piney woods over and over again then it would be around these dates for me.

Busy season for hangs indeed.
    Maybe I'll try consecutive weekend hangs....what's the record for consecutive weekends attending a group hang??
    Last edited by Loki; 08-27-2014 at 06:34.
    - Loki,

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.
    Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.
    The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy,
    while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn."
    John Muir

Hammock
    Black DIY dual zipper
    Tarp
    Black DIY 10'X12'
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Well said Loki, Yep my favorite season is autumn, and hangin' in Hot Springs is the perfect way to kick off the fall hikin' season.
    A big thank you for starting this thread guys!!
    I'll bring a bunch of old cabinet doors and see if they'll burn!!

HB
    "Is this the best you've got?!!" (Shortoff Mtn., Linville Gorge 2010)

"Life is tough.....it's even tougher if you're stupid!".....(John Wayne)