Tarp
    UGQ - Printed SilP
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/UGQ
    Suspension
    Multibuckles
    Images

BMBH Deluxe or UL

Has anyone owned both? which do you prefer, and why? Looking to use a HG incubator short on it, which will apparently work on a BMBH UL.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    We looked at both before going with the Ridge Runner instead and the pro's and con's are the same as with all hammocks, weight, pocket for pad, ect,ect but i think you can also use a Jarbidge with it as well, The Jarbidge runs alittle high at the center on the RR but the BMBH is alittle deeper and should fit it pretty good

Images
    I personally like my deluxe. I like the deep bath tub style. It allows me to just toss my quilts in there, when I sleep, they don't fall off my feet and of the hammock, which is important in the winter. It gives good distance between you and the bugnet. Allows yout uq's which become very easy to install, to rise up the sides of you, better insulating you.
    Some say shoulder squeeze is an issue, which is why the Ul and ridgrunner are shallow. But I've seeen some large fellers be quite comfortable in it. Some say the view from the rr is nice, but I'm not laying in the hammock for views, just to sleep.
    Depends on what you like....

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    I didn't like the coffin feel of the BMBH, and I couldn't sleep well in the WBRR due to the low sides. I now have the BMBH UL and I like the higher sides to rest my back against, or to rest my leg against. I do miss the double layer for a pad though. I think the BMBH UL has more shoulder squeeze than the WBRR, but I am adapting to it, by just turning slightly. I wish they had a double layer option for the UL (which really defeats the purpose of UL, but I still would prefer it). I do like the views out the lower sides of the UL. I also like the shorter hang distance of the UL vs the WBRR. Just my $.02 for what it's worth. HYOH
    Last edited by Cali; 08-28-2014 at 08:46.
    "No whining in the woods"

Hammock
    Sierra Madre Ninox
    Tarp
    DIY 12x10/Stratos
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Amsteel UCR
    Images
    I definitely agree with fallkniven on the UQs. My BMBH Deluxe has become my go to winter hammock. The UQs (which I have not found any that don't work on it) hug and almost give you a wrapped feeling. It has been on two 3 day trips with me so far and I plan to take it on a 5 day on the AT in September. Sorry, I can't really tell you diffence in the UL. I have been wondering the same thing so I am watching the thread.

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    I have the UL, I really like it, I can see out of it, which is very important to me, I like to watch what is going on around me in the morning before I start my day. I have been using a Jarbidge, as noted it fits a bit high but does its job. I am adding a DIY second layer, to help with the skeeters. I use a quilt protector, so that helps with staying warm.,

I have decided to go with a DIY Bridge, so I can have something that fits me, as my choice of gear has evolved, I am finding I do not like to be enclosed, open is much better. However weather proof is also very important. I like the double layer.

Hammock
    Sierra Madre Ninox
    Tarp
    DIY 12x10/Stratos
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Amsteel UCR
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFISH45 View Post
    I have the UL, I really like it, I can see out of it, which is very important to me, I like to watch what is going on around me in the morning before I start my day. I have been using a Jarbidge, as noted it fits a bit high but does its job. I am adding a DIY second layer, to help with the skeeters. I use a quilt protector, so that helps with staying warm.,

I have decided to go with a DIY Bridge, so I can have something that fits me, as my choice of gear has evolved, I am finding I do not like to be enclosed, open is much better. However weather proof is also very important. I like the double layer.
    So is the UL "flatter" similar to the RR? I have considered trying one for the weight savings for hikes, but I do want the same "lay" and comfort as the deluxe. I just have too (don't flame me as I never thought I would say this) many hammocks! Do I have my priorities all wrong??

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    AE Ridgecreek
    Suspension
    Beckett Hitch
    Images
    I have a BMBH deluxe and really like it. I've thought several times about selling it just to get something new but I'm glad I haven't. It does squeeze a little but I'm fairly skinny and using a pad seems to help flatten it out a little bit. I also have a jarbidge and it fits great.

Hammock
    diy, hk2001,bmbh
    Tarp
    diy hex or aysym
    Insulation
    diy's,jarbidge!!!!
    Suspension
    whoops, ucr, dutch
    Images
    I like my ul a lot. I did a nettless mod since it's my winter hammock. All my uqs fit great and my only complaint is if it isint perfectly level you slide down and your feet hit the end. A little short too my feet are 3" away from the end, if I was any taller( 5.10") I wouldn't use one. But overall it's a great NOT ul hammock.

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    I find I have to put the head end a bit higher as my upper body is heavier and weighs the head end down. If I take it up too far, then I slide down.
    "No whining in the woods"

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast