WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Why don't you contact them and ask? I'm sure you will get all your answers with regards to the specs.

The few posts of owners I have seen were all positive. But it seemed to me that they didn't have a lot of experience or owned other hammocks to compare. I think there are a couple of reasons why Pak-It-Lite is not more popular with people on the forum. One is the confusing and lacking specs. It's hard to compare with the popular brands, and it doesn't help that the hammocks seem to be very short. Then they are not exactly light weight. The ReconMN weighs 32oz with a capacity of 280lbs. The Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 DL weighs 24oz with a capacity of 275lbs. I also think that the system does not necessarily appeal to everyone. I don't know what advantage the rain fly has. It provides less coverage than a standard hex tarp, needs more hardware and is less flexible. The suspension system also looks odd and puts a lot more strain on the trees than a "normal" suspension. It's unclear if you could exchange the stock suspension with e.g. whoopie slings or webbing.

It might well be that the system is very innovative and has a lot of advantages, but without buying and trying it's hard to say.

So if you go for it, let us know how it works out.

Hammock
    http://camphammocks.com
    Tarp
    Peaked Fly
    Insulation
    PAK-IT-LITE System
    Suspension
    Toggled Suspension
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    I noticed that too. During the video he says the "cheater" rope is eight feet long which is the distance between toggles so that would be the same as an eight foot ridge line. The 83% rule says that is probably around a 10 footer.
    Dangerous,

With my hammocks you will need to forget the rules your have learned here, as most will not apply to the way my hammock is engineered. The shape of the hammock body allows the bottom of the hammock to hang in a manner that is very different than other manufactures. Because of this, the 83% will not apply. The Patented design of the hammock allows the user to lay flatter than other hammocks. The Patented design of the ends of the hammock also allow the hammocks ridge line to be much shorter, saving material and some weight. The sleeping area of the hammock is approx 86 inches long and the tallest person, so far, to purchase an F.O.B is 6'5" and he said he sleeps like a baby.

The ridge line is 8'6" and is the support axis of the hammock, not the axis that you would be laying on. The axis for the bed is much longer and the pocket on that axis, which takes the CC foam pad, is 86". This axis allows areas at the head and feet to fall lower that the opposing axis which supports your lower back. The best way to understand how a person over 6 feet can lay in the hammock is to carefully study the photos on my site and not try to over think it. In all the photos of my hammocks, a 6'2" person is inside. If you study the photos you will see where their feet are and where their head is. This is the 86" bed area of the hammock.

Also, forget about the 30% rule. Since the hammock has a fixed ridge line there is no need to figure out how to hang it, other than just putting the support lines on the trees and tightening the one adjustable cord. BTW - The current video on my site shows the old support system. I hope to do another video soon showing the new system but your can read about it on the Instruction page of my site.

Hope this helped answer your questions.
    Tony Kramer
    Sea Kayak Instructor/ Guide
    http://theseakayaker.com
    Owner/Designer of PAK-IT-LITE.LLC Hammocks & Outdoor gear.
    http://camphammocks.com

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12