Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11
    Sailor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Castro Valley, CA
    Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    HGCub/Deluxe Spinn
    Insulation
    HGP/SSF/JRBHR/HGBu
    Suspension
    line/ring/strap
    Posts
    808
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    hey shug, do you just overlap them? how does that work?
    Would I be wrong to guess or suggest that, since UQ's should keep the cold air out, a small draft collar/baffle at junction, and at ends, which would snuggle up to up fabric, be it hammock or other UQ, would add a lot to the warmth factor--maybe more than thickness of UQ? (hint WBG)

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Would I be wrong to guess or suggest that, since UQ's should keep the cold air out, a small draft collar/baffle at junction, and at ends, which would snuggle up to up fabric, be it hammock or other UQ, would add a lot to the warmth factor--maybe more than thickness of UQ? (hint WBG)
    My Warbonnet synthetic UQ has draft collars exactly as you describe, they are about one inch or so in diameter.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Cannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Posts
    13,919
    Images
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by Take-a-knee View Post
    My Warbonnet synthetic UQ has draft collars exactly as you describe, they are about one inch or so in diameter.
    Down Yetis do too.
    Trust nobody!

  4. #14
    Peter_pan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    virginia
    Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Posts
    2,803
    Images
    7
    The JRB design under quilts all have draw cords that snug the ends of the under quilt up to the hammock, thus eliminating the need for and weight of extra draft stoppers.

    Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

    www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

  5. #15
    Senior Member Roadtorque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    1,117
    Pan will the Mt Washington 3 convertible fit the BMBH well or is it to long?

  6. #16
    Smee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Yorktown, VA
    Hammock
    BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Quilt(s)
    Posts
    70
    Images
    42

    MW3 Convertible on the BMBH

    Roadtorque,

    I'll answer for Pan since he's busy writing soliloquy on another thread.

    The MW3 Convertible is the same size as the MW3 and MW4. It should fit perfectly on the BMBH when in the full quilt mode.

    To be honest, we have not tried the MW3 Short on the BMBH. It might require some inovative attachment rigging on the foot end.

    Regards,

  7. #17
    Senior Member Roadtorque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    1,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Smee View Post
    Roadtorque,

    I'll answer for Pan since he's busy writing soliloquy on another thread.

    The MW3 Convertible is the same size as the MW3 and MW4. It should fit perfectly on the BMBH when in the full quilt mode.

    To be honest, we have not tried the MW3 Short on the BMBH. It might require some inovative attachment rigging on the foot end.

    Regards,
    Thanks for the answer. I am far more interested in a full length UQ anyway. I dont see any advantage of a partial length for me. I just didnt see any pics of your new quilt on the BMBH on your website and it got me wondering. What would y'all think of a JRB MT Washington Short UQ with the JRB down sleeves over your feet. Could this be a viable option to keep your feet warm? what do y'all think?

  8. #18
    Peter_pan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    virginia
    Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Posts
    2,803
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadtorque View Post
    Thanks for the answer. I am far more interested in a full length UQ anyway. I dont see any advantage of a partial length for me. I just didnt see any pics of your new quilt on the BMBH on your website and it got me wondering. What would y'all think of a JRB MT Washington Short UQ with the JRB down sleeves over your feet. Could this be a viable option to keep your feet warm? what do y'all think?
    Roadtorque,

    You would still need a pad as well... The sleeves would compress the same as a quilt or bag does under your legs and feet....

    We also believe that full length quilts are a far better option especially in bad weather...

    The MW3C is all about options, for those that want them...

    I posted our views on this on another thread, perhaps i'll copy it here since there are two threads working this discussion.

    Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

    www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

  9. #19
    Senior Member Roadtorque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    1,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter_pan View Post
    Roadtorque,

    You would still need a pad as well... The sleeves would compress the same as a quilt or bag does under your legs and feet....

    We also believe that full length quilts are a far better option especially in bad weather...

    The MW3C is all about options, for those that want them...

    I posted our views on this on another thread, perhaps i'll copy it here since there are two threads working this discussion.

    Pan
    Yep I read the other post. Thanks for making awesome gear and listening to your customers. Keep it up Jacks

  10. #20
    Senior Member DGrav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Langhorne, PA
    Hammock
    JRB Bear Mountain Bridge v2
    Tarp
    JRB 11 X 10
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts
    Suspension
    Webbing, TG, & DC
    Posts
    415
    Quote Originally Posted by Smee View Post
    Roadtorque,

    I'll answer for Pan since he's busy writing soliloquy on another thread.

    Regards,
    I literally laughed out loud when I read this!

Similar Threads

  1. Jacks R Better Mount Washington 3 underquilt convertible version full length / 2/3
    By chewbacca in forum [SOLD/WITHDRAWN] Items no longer available
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-30-2014, 15:58
  2. For those with Partial UnderQuilt...
    By engine386 in forum Bottom Insulation
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-15-2013, 17:31
  3. FS: JRB Bear Mountain Bridge Delux / MT Washington 3 Convertible UQ
    By cfi on the fly in forum [SOLD/WITHDRAWN] Items no longer available
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-25-2013, 16:41
  4. JRB Mount Washington Convertible.
    By Danalex in forum [SOLD/WITHDRAWN] Items no longer available
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-24-2013, 18:55
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-17-2011, 22:06

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •