Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Clark Mark 2
    Quote Originally Posted by sidvicious View Post
    the weather channel app works fine for me. tells me everything i want and need, plus easily accessible radar. it's all on one page.
    I stopped using weather apps a long time ago, and the weather channel app was one I used for a while. Apps change a lot over the years. I'll check that one out again. I bet the material redesign a lot of apps did has been nice.

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    DIY Hexish Tarp
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Wow you guys would freak out up here. Once you leave the main highway your cell signal disappears completly. I guess I'm old school from 15 years working in the bush before cell phones existed. You had to learn to read the weather. Ravens are your best friend for that. More accurate than any weather app I've ever seen. Bit at least you're still getting into the woods.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NWNomad View Post
    I stopped using weather apps a long time ago, and the weather channel app was one I used for a while. Apps change a lot over the years. I'll check that one out again. I bet the material redesign a lot of apps did has been nice.
    Yeah I don't like how it changes so much. I use it, just not in the woods when signal is low.

I think people overlooked that point. If you're scratching to even get data, would you rather load close to 1MB+, or 200KB?

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
    Wow you guys would freak out up here. Once you leave the main highway your cell signal disappears completly. I guess I'm old school from 15 years working in the bush before cell phones existed. You had to learn to read the weather. Ravens are your best friend for that. More accurate than any weather app I've ever seen. Bit at least you're still getting into the woods.
    I've been in that situation, and sort of like it! Saves my battery since I'm only using my phone for photos. Raves or no ravens, no animal is going to show me pinpoint accuracy of that Doppler radar I posted.

Hammock
    Clark Mark 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
    I have to read the clouds and sky weather for work and find it more reliable than my phone. The problem? I often can't see enough of the sky to know how the weather is moving when I'm not at work. The canopy is too thick! Of course, I probably don't have signal either, so weather prediction be damned I guess. I work and play in the woods; I find technology refreshing if at times frustrating.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Would a collapsible fishing pole count as "luxury" item? I guess it would if the main point of the trip wasn't fishing. I'll take it along sometimes if there's a small lake nearby.

Hammock
    Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    noah16/HH hex
    Insulation
    0 incubator/costco
    Suspension
    whoopies n straps
    I noticed this thread was starting to get a little jacked with another GREAT topic: weather apps. To help keep this fun topic on point, while very interested in the other topic, I created a new thread for weather apps. Here's a link for those that would be so kind to share their knowledge and experience:
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...App-do-you-use

I'm also going to create one about phones too
    “All grown-ups were once children... but only few of them remember it.”

Hammock
    Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    noah16/HH hex
    Insulation
    0 incubator/costco
    Suspension
    whoopies n straps
    here's a link to a thread about devices. https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...AMPING-AND-YOU!!!

Not trying to discourage people from sharing on this thread about if they bring a phone or tab or reader as a luxery device and why. Just an outlet to get CRA CRA about it while keeping this thread clean and serene
    “All grown-ups were once children... but only few of them remember it.”

Hammock
    Dutchware 11ft Hex1.0
    Tarp
    HG CF Hex
    Insulation
    Phoenix 20
    Suspension
    whoopie hooks
    My Crazy Creek camp chair is my #1 luxury item. To have a real back rest at the end of a long day is totally worth it. If on the ground I bring a short ccf pad to supplement my inflatable for some more comfort.

A bit of Fireball or Red Stag is always appreciated as well.

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    LLG Habanero UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I like the wet wipes too for an "extra". I use the Coleman bio-wipes, large size. They're unscented 8x10 wipes that are big enough to do a full wipe down or just be ripped up for cleaning up your bottom end and whatnot... I usually take 1 for every 2 days tucked into a ziploc... Here's a link:
    http://www.amazon.com/COLEMAN-Large-...leman+biowipes

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Solohammock View Post
    I like the wet wipes too for an "extra". I use the Coleman bio-wipes, large size. They're unscented 8x10 wipes that are big enough to do a full wipe down or just be ripped up for cleaning up your bottom end and whatnot... I usually take 1 for every 2 days tucked into a ziploc... Here's a link:
    http://www.amazon.com/COLEMAN-Large-...leman+biowipes
    Thanks. I may try these so I don't have to be so stingy with my 6"x6" wipes or whatever they are.

• + New Posts
  • Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast