Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sargevining View Post
    I started with my HHDJ, but felt silly with a bug net in the house. Then used my "Big Green Weenie", a DIY 12' x 64" channel end, but it was getting to hard to take it down and set it back up every time I wanted to go camping.

So now I've made this one:

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ock-Sneak-Peek

And a top quilt to go with it:

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ject-Top-Quilt

I'm going to make another one, though. That one is 54" wide and I feel a bit confined.
    Very nice thank you. Love the canopy on the hammy.

Hammock
    Hennesy Explorer Deluxe Zip
    Tarp
    HH Hex - for xmas
    Thats a cool set up, nice work. Looks very comfy

Hammock
    Hennesy Explorer Deluxe Zip
    Tarp
    HH Hex - for xmas
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    I certainly wouldn't look for a full-time hammock that sleeps like a camping hammock - the whole zipper thing inside the house would drive me crazy. I use a tablecloth hammock - it's not a Mayan or Brazilian but is plenty comfy indoors.
    No, I agree about the netting, but something that sleeps like the asym design. I find it very comfortable.

Banned
    Hammock
    Cotton Amazonian, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Kelty, WB Superfly
    Insulation
    uq or pad
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bstomper View Post
    Just curious if sleeping in a hammock full time can cause any posture issues or other issues for that matter.
    I will try to contact my family doctor from Northern Brazil who lived next door to me when I was a child. He may know of some studies about this since millions of people there sleep in hammocks. I will try to PM you if this thread dies. But the only issue I can thick of is if your shoulders are very broad but there are several easy fixes for that. My doctor was an advocate of bare feet so I will request research not just his opinion which will be biased strongly in favor of hammocks and against beds.

Hammock
    Sheltowee Boone 20*
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG TQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    I sleep on this every night.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001EC...&robot_redir=1

Its the most comfortable out of all my 5 hammocks. I have a dream hammock danger bird, Yukon double, treklight single and a Amazonas jungle hammock. The cotton feel and size beats all of them IMO
    I'd rather be hanging.

Hammock
    Argon/HyperD
    Tarp
    Hex Silnylon
    Insulation
    Argon + Down
    Suspension
    DutchBling Woopie
    I've been wondering this as well--a hammock would save me so much money and trouble in the future. Though, asking it here feels like asking a cat forum is they like cats... slightly biased, ya know?

I guess this is one of those things you've got to try out for yourself, because asking others for their experiences won't directly reflect your own.

Hammock
    Mackinac Bridge
    Tarp
    DCF
    Insulation
    Grey Goose Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bstomper View Post
    Just curious if sleeping in a hammock full time can cause any posture issues or other issues for that matter.
    I've been hanging full time for about 5 weeks and I've had no issues other than sitting in my underquilt last night. I'll not be using a bed in my home again. I've been alternating between my 11' ThunderBird and a 60" x 126" tablecloth and am going to try a bridge hammock for the first time tomorrow night.

Hammock
    DIY 11'er
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ all around!
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    I have been full time for the last two and a half years now. I switched mainly due to my right shoulder as the hammock forces me to sleep on my back. I have not had any ill effects. One thing I have noticed is that I fall asleep so fast that I will often startle myself awake. This almost never happened when sleeping in a bed. In the hammock though, it will happen at least 3 times a week.

I sleep in an ENO doublenest at home and it has suited me well.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Lost track of how long but it must be over 3 years now fulltimeing. When I first got into hammocks I DIY'ed a hammock out of a sport nylon from Johann's. Ended up too heavy for hiking but ended up perfect for the home hammock. It is 60" x 126", a soft sport nylon and has held up to weekly laundering with no problems. As far as back problems they are no longer an issue. One of the truly amazing facts of hammocks that some have difficulty comprehending including myself is that the hammock provides one of the best sleeps I have ever experienced. During my wife's and my 40 years of marriage we have tried every mattress made and I have finally gone to the hammock and will never go back. Unfortunately for her she has not been able to reach comfort in a hammock. Which also explains that hammocks are not the solution for everyone.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    I use a WB RR single layer no bug net, with a modified summer Jarbidge UQ vented and a 50 degree snapped foot box with it open about 6" on the foot end for a TQ by UGQ, in the house every nite and when its cool, outside sometimes, now for over a year, and before that gathered end homemade 11' hammock, before that a snipe hammock by WL sleeping in hammocks over 2-3 yrs total every nite, and the RR is the best for side sleeping, and back sleeping ever. Can't sleep on stomach nor ever have cause of the back, but some sleep on their stomachs in the RR. I keep the temp in the room at 67 and works for me like a baby. And no slipped vertebre back problems any more at all but I did pop that sucker out last month cutting trees out of my fire lane across my 40 acres after a big storm and it helped me get the back back in shape sleeping in the RR at nite once again.
    Last edited by Acer; 09-03-2014 at 22:04.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast