Thread: kids hammocks

kids hammocks

So I'm pretty handy and have sewed a few hammocks in my time, but I'm a bit short on time and want to buy my son a hammock. I'm looking for a hammock with a zippered bug net to keep him from 1. Falling out and 2. keeping his bag from falling out. He is 5 and a huge wiggler. I know there are a bunch of cottage makers but can someone recommend me one that could do this type of hammock? I have a spare one but he doesn't like how big it is. He wants to sleep in his old one but he barely fits in it. And I mean, he doesn't actually fit in it but squeezes in anyway!

My ultimate hammock for him would be
    1. Double layer
    2. zippered bugnet
    3. material with some kind of super hero pattern (I know, aiming for the moon here but he is all boy and loves his superhero's!!!)

Hammock
    Lots
    Tarp
    Winter style :)
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    buckle
    new to hammocks but not the camping with kids

our 5 year old is a wiggle guy to flops all over one morning when we got him up he had flipped 180
    picked him up the new eno junglenest for $65 on sale ? not double layer but has the bug net and he was happy maybe just let him bring a small super hero fleece blanket inside ?
    we ended up using our exped multimat with him reverse side down so it gripped the hammock then buttoned up the bottom 3 or so buttons and it held him in place and he was not flipping 180 anymore

will be curious about what other options there are though

Hammock
    DIY Argon 11'
    Tarp
    Squidbill winter t
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Hammeck will make you whatever you want. I'm a happy customer. See this thread: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...able-Netty-yet

THank you for the info. I've contacted hammeck. I looked at that eno junglenest, but it is just way too big for my son. Any other ideas?

Banned
    Hammock
    Cotton Amazonian, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Kelty, WB Superfly
    Insulation
    uq or pad
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    Hammeck was my first recommendation with dream hammocks a close second. Lower 6 inches of netting being ripstop fabric instead perhaps, Similar to older Warbonnet design is the idea.
    Ripstop nylon or polyester in super hero design is something I have never seen but a color that comes close to matching super hero fleece much easier. If you need link to that I can look it up, there are fleece patterns in just about every area of interest most of us can imagine. Not very obscure heros, science, animals or plants but many of the popular ones.
    Several HF have made good fabric comparison lists start there for fabrics such as nylon or polyester, too many online vendors for me to list.

Thanks ya'll! I worked it out with Hammeck. I've been away from this sight for quite a while as I went to ground for a couple years doing the ultra light bivy deal. I'm tired of not sleeping so got back into the hammock. Man, there has been a lot of progression in the industry and lot's of new vendors. Pretty cool.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    OMW or Dutch Wide
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies/ Dutch
    Welcome back! Please post pics when you get the hammock as I have a 5 yr old also that fell in love with hammocking this summer when we were on vacation

Hammock
    Warbonnet Traveler DL
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    MMSS + sleep pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Straps
    Just curious but how we'll would a sheet work as a kids hammock? I thought about making a Frozen hammock for my 5yr old daughter

Hammock
    Darien UL
    Tarp
    ZPacks Cuben
    Insulation
    WL SSUQ/HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dyna Whoopies
    Were you able to get something super hero-ey? My son has been wanting a Mario hammock for a long time.
    "As a well spent day brings happy sleep, a well spent life brings happy death." -Da Vinci

No. I don't remember what color I chose but it was a typical solid color. That's ok. He has a light super hero sleeping bag he can use.

• + New Posts