Grapenut DIY
    Tarp
    HNO Airship
    Insulation
    Leigh-Lo
    Suspension
    Always
    Quote Originally Posted by Mule View Post
    NO WATER! The last time we were down there there was NO WATER in the creek except for a little pond about an inch deep and not very big in one place in all of Brown Hollow and NONE at all in Bad Hollow. Plan on bringing all your water. I hope things change between now and then, but when we went a week or so ago there was no water and it had rained cats and dogs!
    I was with a bunch of hangers on the PMT carrying an extra 12 lbs of water this week only to find it everywhere on day two...

Be Prepared they say!
    Afoot and light-hearted, I take to the open road,
    Healthy, free, the world before me,
    The long brown path before me, leading wherever I choose.

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mule View Post
    NO WATER! The last time we were down there there was NO WATER in the creek except for a little pond about an inch deep and not very big in one place in all of Brown Hollow and NONE at all in Bad Hollow. Plan on bringing all your water. I hope things change between now and then, but when we went a week or so ago there was no water and it had rained cats and dogs!
    Mule,,here in southern Indinana, we went almost 3 weeks without rain, and finally got some rain,,the ground soaked it all in as we were dry as all get out. Now you got rain,,and more rain,,and more rain this week. So far just in the last 2 days, 2.4 inchs and still coming down tonite. You don't have to worry about water now for sure! the ground is soaked and and creeks, and streams are going to come up.

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    That's great news, Acer. Thanks.
    Predictions are risky, especially when it comes to the future.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock - Darien
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    100% UGQ
    Suspension
    Web'g
    So much rain that the grass is floating. ��

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 10f
    Suspension
    straps
    Images
    I will definitely be making the trip, already took that Friday off and plan on being at the tower by noonish.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner or a gathered-end
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ftroop94 View Post

Is it hard to make it to the spot? Is there cell reception out there? What USGS map quad do I need, etc???

~ftroop
    Little to no reception with sprint. I think some with Verizon may have found some coverage. Not difficult at all to find. You won't need a quad unless you are planning to bush whack.

If you park at the fire tower, go past the gate on the cemetery road until the trail turns off to the right. The trail is well-marked and obvious. Walk about 1.5 to 2 miles on the trail until you see the post making the turn-off for campsite #2. At that point turn off the trail on the other side of the trail and bush whack along the stream for about 0.5 miles or so until you see the group. There will probably be a faint trail most of the way depending on how many got there before you.

see you then!
    --Scott <><

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

Hammock
    DIY Double Layer
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Jack's R Better
    Suspension
    Webbing &amp; Whoopi
    Images
    Termite, I plan on getting there about the same time Friday, eleven or twelve. It depends on how much time I waste at REI. Does anyone know if Gatheredstone has posted a sign-up for pizza ingredients? I wouldn't mind bringing something for the cause.

Ftroop94 I found the spot for the first time last year like I had been there a hundred times. A gps would help, but not necessary. When in doubt, wait by the campsite two trail marker on the main trail and someone will come along sooner or latter.

I'm getting really excited! Last year it was 23 degrees the first night and 27 degrees the second. I had only a poncho liner for an under quilt and was quite cold. This year I made a bigger tarp, bigger hammock and just finished an UQ that should get me into the 20's. Combine that with my hammock sock and I should be better prepared for whatever comes my way. I even have a pint of Apple Pie to share around the fire...
    "The last to let you down". Go Navy!

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    Yippeeeeeee! Cool Termite.
    Quote Originally Posted by termite View Post
    I will definitely be making the trip, already took that Friday off and plan on being at the tower by noonish.

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    It will be good to see you again there in the valley. Let me know if you need anything. I am seeing Gathered Stones today and will ask him your question and tell him to post something. I think GPS co ordinance is posted here somewhere by Bonsaihiker. Can't wait to see all that new gear!
    Do a search maybe
    Quote Originally Posted by rjcotterell View Post
    TermItite, I plan on getting there about the same time Friday, eleven or twelve. It depends on how much time I waste at REI. Does anyone know if Gatheredstone has posted a sign-up for pizza ingredients? I wouldn't mind bringing something for the cause.

Ftroop94 I found the spot for the first time last year like I had been there a hundred times. A gps would help, but not necessary. When in doubt, wait by the campsite two trail marker on the main trail and someone will come along sooner or latter.

I'm getting really excited! Last year it was 23 degrees the first night and 27 degrees the second. I had only a poncho liner for an under quilt and was quite cold. This year I made a bigger tarp, bigger hammock and just finished an UQ that should get me into the 20's. Combine that with my hammock sock and I should be better prepared for whatever comes my way. I even have a pint of Apple Pie to share around the fire...

Hammock
    Trek Light Double
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Thinking about heading over to join you guys this weeked. If so it looks like saturday night is the only night I can come. I enjoyed myself last time even though I didn't get a chance to meet everyone..
    It's not about the miles, its about the smiles!
    Black Chrome

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast