Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can you get a regular blackbird but in xlc length?

I have a blackbird and love it. I'm looking to buy a second one for my girlfriend and I'm thinking why not get the xlc and see if the extra length makes it even better.
    Thing is I like the two way zipper and the non removable bug net of the regular. So has anyone here had a regular model just made longer?

Hammock
    diy, hk2001,bmbh
    Tarp
    diy hex or aysym
    Insulation
    diy's,jarbidge!!!!
    Suspension
    whoops, ucr, dutch
    Images
    I don't think anyone has tried since you'd have to add fabric wich means all the stress is on a seam. And the footbox would be off center.

Quote Originally Posted by nuttysquirrel View Post
    I don't think anyone has tried since you'd have to add fabric wich means all the stress is on a seam. And the footbox would be off center.
    I meant custom order one and get Brandon to just make the regular blackbird a foot longer from the start. Basically all the features and design of the regular blackbird but longer.
    I didn't mean sew on an extra piece of material.

So take an xlc body, but sew on the bug net like a blackbird, two way zipper etc.

Hammock
    diy, hk2001,bmbh
    Tarp
    diy hex or aysym
    Insulation
    diy's,jarbidge!!!!
    Suspension
    whoops, ucr, dutch
    Images
    Ok gotcha. I don't think Brandon does much or any custom work, but couldn't hurt to ask

Quote Originally Posted by nuttysquirrel View Post
    Ok gotcha. I don't think Brandon does much or any custom work, but couldn't hurt to ask
    he did on my last blackbird.
    mine is sewn in reverse with the footbox on the left.
    basically i want an 11 foot blackbird, rather than a 10 foot one. and i'd probably go for a lefty again too.

You could get the XLC and just not remove the bug net. I believe there are two zipper so it would be the same concept. I personally ordered the cover top just in case I need it in the future. I also like the XLC design because there is more bugnet and less fabric, making it easier to check out your surroundings while you are in. Or at least that is how it seems. I have not owned an original BB and have not received my XLC yet, but to me it seems a better deal, and if your girl is anything like my wife, she just a tad claustrophobic and it eases her mind to be able to look out and see more if she so chose or if she heard a noise that concerned her.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Huey View Post
    You could get the XLC and just not remove the bug net. I believe there are two zipper so it would be the same concept. I personally ordered the cover top just in case I need it in the future. I also like the XLC design because there is more bugnet and less fabric, making it easier to check out your surroundings while you are in. Or at least that is how it seems. I have not owned an original BB and have not received my XLC yet, but to me it seems a better deal, and if your girl is anything like my wife, she just a tad claustrophobic and it eases her mind to be able to look out and see more if she so chose or if she heard a noise that concerned her.
    The regular blackbird now has the mesh footbox like the xlc. I would be giving my lefty blackbird to her and the longer one for me.
    However the xlc definitely only has one zipper which goes from foot to head to close it.
    The regular blackbird has two zippers that you can meet in the middle to close. And on the blackbird the shelf is part of the hammock not the bug net. And only zips on one side which I like over the xlc. I'd never remove the bug net anyway as way too many bugs here.

well someone else just posted in the delivery time thread and they got exactly what I've been talking about in here. so yes it can be done.

and heres a video showing it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9ECM8Ft89Q

This sounds awesome. I wish the XLC had 2 zippers.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast