Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dochartaigh View Post
    I wrote to Brandon at Warbonnet and he said that I am too big for the Ridgerunner (at 6'2" and 290 pounds), and that I would be most comfortable in the WBBB XLC I already have...

I really want to try a bridge-style hammock but haven't been able to find one that would fit me (both weight-wise, and one that hopefully wouldn't pinch my sides to death either).
    I have a WBBB but never could get comfortable in a gathered end hammock for more than a few hours. I would end up awake at 2am and not able to get back to sleep. I really want to try a ridgerunner even though I am probably bucking against what common sense would say to listen to Brandon. Shug was pretty clear in his video as well. 250 lbs.

Hammock
    Variable
    Tarp
    Surperfly
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    Variable
    I wonder if Brandon would consider a custom RR for the big and tall crowd? Beefier spreaders, thicker material. I'm sure there's a market for it.

I've only had my RR a few days now, but I've hung in it every day since getting it. Oh my goodness, the comfort. I'm in love with it.
    Like thrash metal? Check out my nephew's band, Deathwatch. He's an amazing drummer... https://soundcloud.com/user-660860695

I bet we are not the first people to want that. My guess is the design is such that shoulder pinch is going to be the issue. I too have looked and figure they all put that limit on that style for a reason. Now if Brandon needs a fat guy to beta test for him then I'm his man. . .

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I wonder if Brandon would consider a custom RR for the big and tall crowd?
    So far he has not done so. I believe there are some weight/stress issues involved that keep him from doing so ( I weigh 275 and would like to get one and my wife gets nervous anytime I get around her 1.1 single RR ). May have to try and build my own.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow; pads, Lynx
    Suspension
    Dutch's Cinch Bugs
    There was a separate thread about this -- a larger Ridgerunner -- in early August:

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...idge-Runner-XL

Apparently "technical issues" have so far prevented Brandon from making a larger (e.g., XL) version of the Ridgerunner.

Hammock
    Variable
    Tarp
    Surperfly
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    Variable
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    So far he has not done so. I believe there are some weight/stress issues involved that keep him from doing so ( I weigh 275 and would like to get one and my wife gets nervous anytime I get around her 1.1 single RR ). May have to try and build my own.
    Do it, and you'll be everyone's hero!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChacMool View Post
    There was a separate thread about this -- a larger Ridgerunner -- in early August:

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...idge-Runner-XL

Apparently "technical issues" have so far prevented Brandon from making a larger (e.g., XL) version of the Ridgerunner.
    Ah, thanks for that. Hopefully he gets it all sorted out before gunner76 starts mass production 😁
    Like thrash metal? Check out my nephew's band, Deathwatch. He's an amazing drummer... https://soundcloud.com/user-660860695

Quote Originally Posted by GoatHanger View Post
    Do it, and you'll be everyone's hero!

Ah, thanks for that. Hopefully he gets it all sorted out before gunner76 starts mass production ��
    Hummingbird told me it is on their list to come out with a bridge style. Their hammocks seem to be rated for heaver weight. But they did not give a time frame or any details.

I noticed even the Lawson which is more of a floating tent than a hammock and is pretty darn heavy is only rated for 250.

Maybe lapband surgery is the answer.

Hammock
    Variable
    Tarp
    Surperfly
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    Variable
    That would be some serious dedication to hammocking right there!
    Hammocking is a word, right?

^That's rhetorical.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    I measure 6'4 and was up to 275. The double layer RR held me just fine and was comfortable. No issues with the fabric. Larger folk may find the middle of the hammock a tad narrow, at least I did. One of the downsides to make the middle wider is it makes everything wider... which translates to more fabric, longer spreaders, longer suspension triangle.

I finally bit the bullet and started making my own.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GoatHanger View Post
    I wonder if Brandon would consider a custom RR for the big and tall crowd? Beefier spreaders, thicker material. I'm sure there's a market for it.

I've only had my RR a few days now, but I've hung in it every day since getting it. Oh my goodness, the comfort. I'm in love with it.
    Brandon and Jack from JRB both have stated that a larger sized bridge hammock is not in their immediate future,that's why we ended up diying my bridge last year.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast