WBBB 1.7 dbl.
    Tarp
    WBSuperfly w/doors
    Insulation
    JRB TQ & UQ quilts
    Suspension
    Web

Talking 1st BWCA trip as a hanger !

I went up to Boundary Waters Canoe Area, last Thursday, with my cousin Vinnie. We entered at the Baker lake entry point and paddled through Baker, Peterson and Kelly Lakes until we found a campsite on Jack Lake.

We realy had to work for fish, but most of the fish we caught were lunker bass. My cousin caught one close to 6lbs (neither of us had a camera with). We did catch a couple eater sized Walleyes too. All the fish were caught on black jointed floating Rapalas near shore or rockpiles.

After reading this site I have realized that alot of camping technology has passed me by. Most of my gear was state of the art when I purchased it after getting out of the Army, 18 years ago. But now, It's old tecnology. Most gear, that is, except for my new WBBB hammock . My cousin was a bit skeptical when I told him I was gonna be sleeping in a hammock instead of the tent, until he laid in it and didn't want to get out. I have been going to the BWCA fot 25 years and this last trip was the best sleep I've ever gotten in the wilderness. I also stayed nice and dry even though we had rain about 50% of the time most days. I bought a Claytor Diamond Fly (http://www.mosquitohammock.com/), it kept me nice and dry. I think that the fly is about the bare minimum, for the WBBB, and I will have to get a larger fly for cooler months. But I did stay warm down to 55F with a thermarest pad and a JRB Shenendoah as a top quilt (http://www.jacksrbetter.com/Rectangular%20Quilts.htm). I think I could have gone down much further temp wise.

It was a great trip, I wish I had some pictures to share. I'm planning a fall trip this year, it will be my 3rd trip this year. I will take pics then. My first trip this year was uncomfortable and made me look into hammocks and I thankfully I found this forum. This forum and the friendly people here really helped me make some good decisions that made my camping that much better so thanks all.
    "In your face space coyote"-HJS

Glad you had a good trip Beast! My wife and I love the BWCA. We went in through Baker 3 years ago up to Burnt and Flame lakes. The last two years we have been going in through Sawbill. Good Stuff!

Looking forward to bringing my ENO on our trip in September!

Images
    That sounds like a lot of fun! Wish I had been there. Glad to hear your hammock experience was so positive!

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Yeah Beast! The BW's are incredible. Never paddle there but do the foot trails. I am more of a "voyeur" than a "Voyager".
    Steppin' Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    maccat deluxe
    Insulation
    TeWa UQ, GoLite TC
    Suspension
    web
    sounds great, looking forward to BWCA trip myself someday. Thanks for serving our country, I really appreciate it.

Fred

• + New Posts