Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Missouri, or on my motorcycle, bicycle or in my kayak somewhere...
    Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark RX-250
    Insulation
    Clark Z-Liner
    Suspension
    Clark ropes/straps

Talking Just ordered a NX250

After a few weeks of intense searching, reading & internal debate I finally made my decision and ordered Clark's new NX250! I feel a little relieved at the moment because this was beginning to be obsessive... I was beginning to go to bed & wake up thinking about this decision... Not to mention spending more time in the internet researching this than I spent on my normal responsibilities... Now I can get back to my regular life... That is,... until it shows up!!

And while the package deal is a little expensive first time out I believe I made an well investigated & semi-educated decision... We'll see...

Anyway, thanks for all the imput to those who chimed in and for the info posted here & the links... to endless hours of reading...

I'm looking forward to it...

KJ

Hammock
    Wraith UL, XLC ,Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    WB BMJ & Edge
    Insulation
    Burrow,TeWa,GoLite
    Suspension
    Whoopie, Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kankujoe View Post
    After a few weeks of intense searching, reading & internal debate I finally made my decision and ordered Clark's new NX250! I feel a little relieved at the moment because this was beginning to be obsessive... I was beginning to go to bed & wake up thinking about this decision... Not to mention spending more time in the internet researching this than I spent on my normal responsibilities... Now I can get back to my regular life... That is,... until it shows up!!

And while the package deal is a little expensive first time out I believe I made an well investigated & semi-educated decision... We'll see...

Anyway, thanks for all the imput to those who chimed in and for the info posted here & the links... to endless hours of reading...

I'm looking forward to it...

KJ
    The obsession has just started, now you need an Uq and a Top quilt and, and, and. Congrats!!

Hammock
    ENO, ABES
    Tarp
    DIY Sil Camo
    Insulation
    DIY FL Down
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Hey Man,

I'm in the same boat as you, but I've yet to take the leap and make a purchase of the NX-250. If you would, let me know your thoughts once you receive it and have had a chance to try it out.

By the way, I see you're here in Missouri as well. Ever try camping in Shannon County in the sunklands conservation area. It's about 29,000 acres of great hiking and very remote camping.

Take care and congratulations!

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark RX-250
    Insulation
    Clark Z-Liner
    Suspension
    Clark ropes/straps
    Quote Originally Posted by spratto View Post
    Hey Man,

I'm in the same boat as you, but I've yet to take the leap and make a purchase of the NX-250. If you would, let me know your thoughts once you receive it and have had a chance to try it out.

By the way, I see you're here in Missouri as well. Ever try camping in Shannon County in the sunklands conservation area. It's about 29,000 acres of great hiking and very remote camping.

Take care and congratulations!
    I'll be sure to post my impressions on the NX250 when I get a chance to try it out...

I have not explored the Sunklands Conservation Area... Do they have any lakes or streams suitable for kayaking there? thanks...

BTW, I'm not too far from you... I live on 60 wooded acres (surrounded by several hundred wooded acres & thousands of acres of pasture/semi-wooded plats) about 50 miles south of Kansas City...

KJ

Hammock
    ENO, ABES
    Tarp
    DIY Sil Camo
    Insulation
    DIY FL Down
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Sorry for the delay in replying. No, not really. It's pretty dry down there. I look forward to your first review of your NX250. I'm holding off a bit on the hopes of a package deal with the underquilt and the hammock, but I'm probably just wasting time...

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark RX-250
    Insulation
    Clark Z-Liner
    Suspension
    Clark ropes/straps
    Its Christmas in August!!!

UPS delivered my new Clark NX250 this afternoon (3 days earlier than promised!). A quick look at it reveals that it is very well constructed. Can't wait to set it up to try it out. Having thunderstorms & rain today here so I may not get a chance to hang it up today. Hope to use it this coming weekend.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Having thunderstorms & rain today here so I may not get a chance to hang it up today. Hope to use it this coming weekend.
    That's the best time!
    You'll know you're truly addicted when bad weather makes you leave work early so you can go home and set-up your hammock.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Wraith UL, XLC ,Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    WB BMJ & Edge
    Insulation
    Burrow,TeWa,GoLite
    Suspension
    Whoopie, Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    That's the best time!
    You'll know you're truly addicted when bad weather makes you leave work early so you can go home and set-up your hammock.
    Hi, my name is Cannibal and I'm addicted to my hammock......Hi Cannibal!!!!

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark RX-250
    Insulation
    Clark Z-Liner
    Suspension
    Clark ropes/straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    That's the best time!
    Well I must be addicted... I set it up as soon as I got home from the office and layed in it until my dinner was nice & cold...

Its hanging about 50 ft from my deck next to my house, (I live in the woods). I plan on sleeping in it tonight after I get offline. I'm going to use a nylon backed fleece blanket as a pad and a light weight fleece sleeping bag liner to sleep in tonight (65* right now).

My first impressions: I think I'm gonna like this, the NX250 was the right size to get, there is plenty of elbow/shoulder room and leg room. The new tarp design is great, big, unattached, catenary cut and a breeze to hang. The hammock was also very easy to hang... just attach the 2 ropes (using tree hunger straps too), slide the 2 tent poles in the slots and it's done. Since it's my first hang I expect to have to make a few rope/line adjustments but that's w/ every brand I believe.

Since I have tomorrow off from work, I'll probably play "hammock camping" most of the day and think up all kinds of new goodies to go along with it. I'll pick up a few biners & tent pegs for it and rig up some kind of inside ridgeline to hang a light on.

After I get a chance to use it over a weekend or two I'll post some kind of review in the near future...

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by texron View Post
    Hi, my name is Cannibal and I'm addicted to my hammock......Hi Cannibal!!!!

Well I must be addicted... I set it up as soon as I got home from the office and layed in it until my dinner was nice & cold...
    That's the spirit! Glad you are happy with your newest 'favorite' piece of gear. Hard to beat that first night in the hammock.
    Trust nobody!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast