Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    Yukon Double
    Tarp
    Yukon rain fly
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Manistee trail loop Breakfast?

I will be hiking the loop for the first time this week. Any suggestions on a good place in the area to stop for breakfast before hitting the trail. The plan is to start at the red bridge trail head Thursday morning. Hoping to find some good mom and pop place to get some eats.

Plenty of places in Cadillac.

Kozy Kitchen 16938 Caberfae Hwy, Wellston, MI ‎

I highly recommend a stop in Dublin, to stock up on jerky at the Dublin General Store.. Granny's Kitchen is next door.

There's another one that I've been to several times in the area, but I'm drawing a blank...

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Cuben W/Doors
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    stock straps
    Just west of cadillac along 115 at maybe 29 rd is what looks like a convenience mart. We have had lunch and a late dinner there and liked the food and the fun of eating inside a quickshop.

http://ellenscornerspizza.com/
    I highly recommend a sub or pizza from them on the way in/out. I hear they do ribs on friday but you have to get there early as they sell out fast.

Hammock
    Yukon Double
    Tarp
    Yukon rain fly
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Thanks, we will have to check these out, and probably make a stop in Dublin for Jerky

Quote Originally Posted by PointPastor View Post
    Thanks, we will have to check these out, and probably make a stop in Dublin for Jerky
    Last trip (Manistee River Trail) we stopped by there and got a Venison, swiss cheese, morel summer sausage. YUM. we ate well on that trip!

I will be hiking the loop for the first time this week. Any suggestions on a good place in the area to stop for breakfast before hitting the trail. The plan is to start at the red bridge trail head Thursday morning. Hoping to find some good mom and pop place to get some eats.
    Which way are you doing the loop? I have tentative plans to go in at a trailhead south of Red Bridge, then do it counterclockwise. Just watching the weather forecast for Friday-Saturday before I decide for sure.

Hammock
    Yukon Double
    Tarp
    Yukon rain fly
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    We are leaving out of Red Bridge Thursday, going clockwise up the NCT side first. Hoping the weather holds. Forecast is saying 80% chance of storms Saturday am, which is the day we planned to finish up. Maybe we will see each other if you end up heading out. I'll be in a group of 7 and the only one with a hammock.

We are leaving out of Red Bridge Thursday, going clockwise up the NCT side first. Hoping the weather holds. Forecast is saying 80% chance of storms Saturday am, which is the day we planned to finish up. Maybe we will see each other if you end up heading out. I'll be in a group of 7 and the only one with a hammock.
    Hope you've got Eddington Creek on the north end of the NCT for your Thursday night destination. Great site for hanging in the pines. We may cross paths on Friday since I'll be coming up the MRT side. Forecast for rain Friday night, Sat, and Sat night...could be a damp trip, but keeping fingers crossed that it will blow itself out before it gets here.

Hammock
    currently hammeck envy
    Tarp
    superfly, tadpole
    Insulation
    phnx,zepp,jbrdge
    Suspension
    straps, hammock an
    Hey there Michigan dave, if your going north on the nct is the hanging site before or after the creek? Isn't there a climb going north from the creek? then your on top of the ridge? Just asking can't remember for sure
    It's not the boulders that throw us off balance, it's the pebbles beneath our feet

Going north on the NCT where it doglegs to the left at the creek, look to your right (east) and down a small hill to the well used hang spot. Last time I was there, there was a big group a few miles behind me, so I left it open for them and crossed the river immediately north of it and found a great spot in a pine forest along the river bank. Loved this spot! Yep, theres a hill but its not too bad.

Last edited by michigandave; 09-17-2014 at 14:11.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast