mat'l suggestions-making an insulated bag for a water bladder

as the title suggests, I'm trying my hand at making an insulation outer covering for a water bladder. and need suggestions as to what mat'l to use. after visiting the various online water bladder suppliers I'm left with the impression that they don't seem to want to venture into the insulated bag market these days. I am gearing up for a long motorcycle trip for next summer. currently I have a camelback 2L with insulated sleeve...i's both too small( water runs out about mid day) and it doesn't fit inside of my tank bag well. the 3L platypus is more squarish and a perfect fit, but no premade insulation sleeve available for it. so, is there something that insulates VERY well should be flexible and sew able? ideally thickness from .5> .75" thick. I'm guessing that i'll need about one yard of the insulation. probably use glued cuben for inside and outside facing., since I already have that left over from another project. thanking all in advance

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by the_gr8t_waldo View Post
    as the title suggests, I'm trying my hand at making an insulation outer covering for a water bladder. and need suggestions as to what mat'l to use. after visiting the various online water bladder suppliers I'm left with the impression that they don't seem to want to venture into the insulated bag market these days. I am gearing up for a long motorcycle trip for next summer. currently I have a camelback 2L with insulated sleeve...i's both too small( water runs out about mid day) and it doesn't fit inside of my tank bag well. the 3L platypus is more squarish and a perfect fit, but no premade insulation sleeve available for it. so, is there something that insulates VERY well should be flexible and sew able? ideally thickness from .5> .75" thick. I'm guessing that i'll need about one yard of the insulation. probably use glued cuben for inside and outside facing., since I already have that left over from another project. thanking all in advance
    2 or 3mm neoprene should do it for a DIY project.
    If you are looking for someone to make one with experience I'd contact 40 Below.
    They made some custom winter water bottle sleeves for me.

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    What he said. If you want heavier look for a half inch thick fine grain (small cell) Closed Cell foam pad and cut it up.
    YMMV

HYOH

Free advice worth what you paid for it. ;-)

took a look at -40's site...they don't disclose what it is they use for insulation. but might just dump the project into their laps if I get too close to departure deadline- thanks for the lead. I was hoping to get something like used in soft sided ice coolers. I might just have to buy one at g.will and rip it open...who knows, if it's big enough I could just harvest that for the project.

Hammock
    WBBB / WWM
    Tarp
    OES
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing & whoops..
    Dunkin donuts box of Joe.

Remove thermal liner from box and use.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by the_gr8t_waldo View Post
    took a look at -40's site...they don't disclose what it is they use for insulation. but might just dump the project into their laps if I get too close to departure deadline- thanks for the lead. I was hoping to get something like used in soft sided ice coolers. I might just have to buy one at g.will and rip it open...who knows, if it's big enough I could just harvest that for the project.
    Give them a call. I can't remember who I talked with but we talked for a while. I believe they use the stuff divers use. I placed my order while talking with him.
    The sewing, gluing and detail was very nice and I am glad I placed the order.

They,re probably using neoprene-not quite at the preformnce level I was hoping for. But might just have to settle for it.

• + New Posts