Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx/burrow
    Suspension
    Woopies
    Images

40*Burrow 40* Phoenix.

Got my new setup from Adam. My son and I both have a 20* setup, I just had to get one for warmer camping, lighter and space saving. The UQ compresses to the size of a softball. Can't wait to try it this weekend. Oh, and I got it in less than a week. Another great job by Adam!

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I got my 40* quilt set a few weeks ago and took them on an ADK canoe trip looking to try them out. Yeah, fat chance. My son (a hot sleeper) took one look at them and claimed them as his.

I've taken them out on a couple of hiking trips since. I pack the UQ/TQ in a cuben fiber roll-top stuff sack and they really do pack down to nothing, eh?
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    WB DL 1.1
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Jarbridge, Incub20
    Suspension
    Web Susp
    Glad to hear about the new goodies! I'm interested to know the highest comfortable temp you can use it. Almost ordered one Monday. Just need some hot, humid, Alabama feedback.

Thanks
    My biggest fear is that when I'm dead, my wife will sell all of my hammock gear for what I said I paid for it!

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Well, I'll take a stab 'cause I grew up in Alabama (and New Jersey ain't no slouch in hot and humid). I have two other HG quilt sets; a 20* and a 0*. I find the 40* quilt set to be somewhat of a joke with respect to insulation because there ain't much there, comparatively speaking. It's the absolute most minimal insulation I would ever use. Any lighter and you'd just be wearing a thong and a sarong in your hammock!

Once it gets above 70 degrees, I'm probably kicking the TQ off. I don't bother venting UQs unless it is Africa hot.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx/burrow
    Suspension
    Woopies
    Images
    I've got a cuben fiber roll top with event, I'll try it out too this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    I got my 40* quilt set a few weeks ago and took them on an ADK canoe trip looking to try them out. Yeah, fat chance. My son (a hot sleeper) took one look at them and claimed them as his.

I've taken them out on a couple of hiking trips since. I pack the UQ/TQ in a cuben fiber roll-top stuff sack and they really do pack down to nothing, eh?

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx/burrow
    Suspension
    Woopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by laxdad View Post
    Glad to hear about the new goodies! I'm interested to know the highest comfortable temp you can use it. Almost ordered one Monday. Just need some hot, humid, Alabama feedback.

Thanks
    I'm not hitting the woods unless its going to be under 70*. We have lows mid 60*s this weekend. I do like the fact that I am cutting about 1 lb. instead of 20* Incubator and burrow. I'll give you feedback.

Hammock
    WB DL 1.1
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Jarbridge, Incub20
    Suspension
    Web Susp
    Thanks for the replies. I am really only interested in the burrow. Like SilverSurfr, I use my 20 Incubator and never really vent it. Usually don't have a problem with too much insulation underneath. I get too warm on top. I would like it if the 40 Burrow was comfortable or hot in the 50's-60's. Ill be looking forward to your feedback Bammacker. Looks like our season is about to start!!
    My biggest fear is that when I'm dead, my wife will sell all of my hammock gear for what I said I paid for it!

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx/burrow
    Suspension
    Woopies
    Images
    The 40* Burrow was nice. The low was around 65*. I ordered sewn footbox because I tend to suffer cold foot syndrome. My feet stayed in the box all night and I stayed covered and comfortable. However had gusts of wind all night, guessing 10-12mph, so that did take some of my heat. I had UQ loose most of the night, but early in morning tightend UQ a bit. I was very pleased with Burrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by laxdad View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I am really only interested in the burrow. Like SilverSurfr, I use my 20 Incubator and never really vent it. Usually don't have a problem with too much insulation underneath. I get too warm on top. I would like it if the 40 Burrow was comfortable or hot in the 50's-60's. Ill be looking forward to your feedback Bammacker. Looks like our season is about to start!!

Hammock
    DreamHammock Darien
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 12
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ, HG UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hook
    Images
    How about a hot humid Florida review? The 40 degree topquilt/underquilt are my goto quilts until around mid-November. They are my 3 season quilts, I have used them in 70 to 80 degree nights with no problems, of course sometimes I need to vent my topquilt, but my underquilt alone never made me overheat.

Hammock
    WB DL 1.1
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Jarbridge, Incub20
    Suspension
    Web Susp
    Thanks guys! Y'all just gave me the news I was looking for. I Just ordered mine 40° burrow. Thanks for the feedback.

• + New Posts