Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yup, foster loves new people. Though that trip proved he's too old to go camping. I put in the thread for that weekend but he wanted me to pass on his thanks for the camping spot someone showed him.

And though he may wish for sons, sometimes, he got 3 daughters.

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe+2QZQ Mod #4
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/ 2QZQ OFS
    Insulation
    OWL 20* TQ/UQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopies+Biner
    It's entirely possible (probable) that I misremembered the conversation as well, and remembered son when it was daughter. Regardless...would love to see y'all out there this weekend. Weather is supposed to be pretty awesome, so grab some gear and spend the night out there with us! Hammocks aren't required...the KC area folks ain't a snooty bunch! LOL!

We're looking pretty good for this weekend. Hi around 60 both days (a might cool, but much better than cold and raining!), and a low of mid-30s on Friday, and mid-40s on Sat night. Perfect outdoor sleeping weather for me.

Confirmed to have Dudorino and Ramenshaman out there Friday night with me for sure. Radiohead should be out there with his 'plus 1' at some point too.

Putting Ramen, Dude, and I together will almost certainly result in some series of stupid camping tricks to be filmed as well! Which is great...I really need some woods time.

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock 4
    Suspension
    Stock Clark
    I don't know how much rain they are going to get in Lawrence but we are getting dumped on in KC today! Think this will cause problems with scrounging dry firewood? If we are camping at the triilhead/car camping think I should load up some dry firewood and haul it in? I have over a cord on my deck which is covered by a roof. Suggestions?

Hammock
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/ 2QZQ OFS
    Insulation
    OWL 20* TQ/UQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopies+Biner
    You can if you like, Radiohead. I know that Ramenshaman is bringing in some cedar scraps to burn as well, and those usually burn hot enough to dry out the rest of the wood if you keep it next to the fire. But with that said...I won't say no to firewood I don't have to process...LOL! You think you'll make it out there Friday night?

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock 4
    Suspension
    Stock Clark
    That is the plan. I am heading out after work from downtown KC. Hope to be on site by 6.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/ 2QZQ OFS
    Insulation
    OWL 20* TQ/UQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopies+Biner
    OK...Radiohead going to be a little late. I'm getting ready to head out here in just a bit...will be onsite in about an hour and a half or so. See ya'll out there!

Hammock
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/ 2QZQ OFS
    Insulation
    OWL 20* TQ/UQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopies+Biner
    Just thought I'd share with anyone who was interested. We had an excellent, quiet hang this weekend. Dudorino, Ramenshaman, Radiohead and myself all met up out there on Friday night, with Radio getting in late enough we were all asleep when he setup...LOL! Weather was excellent for camping...got down to about 35 Fri night/Sat morning, with lots of breeze during the evening. Our site was sheltered enough it didn't bother us at all though.

We debated hiking further in on Sat, but we had tons of firewood where we were at, and low motivation to work hard, so we stayed put, visited with Ramen's ladies who came out to visit with us, and even filmed the "Muffin Redemption" video where I (successfully this time) demonstrated how to 'bake' a muffin using two pots as a double boiler on a fire.

Nice, quiet evening Saturday night, with the four of us staying up later BS'ing around the fire well after the rest of the trailhead went to bed. We even conducted our ritual "stupid camping trick" that night!

Sunday was a gorgeous morning, and we all took our time breaking down, had some breakfast and coffee before we left.

Thanks for the time in the woods, guys! I really needed it!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12