Tarp
    YMG Cirriform
    Insulation
    NeoAir XLite

VIDEO: Snowbank Lake Trail Loop BWCA, Day 3

Alright, here is some video of the final day of our Snowbank Lake Trail Loop hiking trip. I hope you've enjoyed them! I've gotta say I have a whole new respect for youtubers and people who make videos like this, its a lot of work! If anything I've learned a lot about doing it and am excited to get out on my next trip and make some even better videos!

Here are some notes I wrote on our final day;

It rained during the night, I didn't sleep too great but probably better than the previous night. I woke up at 5:00am and due to the time the group takes to break camp. Today I decided to eat first and then break down. Also it was still wet out from the rain. It was pretty awesome to sit in my tent and make some coffee in my vestibule and eat some bacon jerky, I saved some small mini Hersey bars and ate 2 this morning and they were fantastic. I was able to pack my bag from within my tent, get out and then quickly break down my damp tent and stuff it into the outside mesh pocket on my bag for it to hopefully dry some. We packed up in about the same amount of time as yesterday. We were on the trail by 7:00am and quickly started hiking at a great pace. We all felt great and because of today being the last day we decided not to stop for second breakfast or any snacks and just keep hiking. I put some snacks in my hip belt pockets and was able to eat while moving without issue. This end of the trail was very overgrown and wet. We had hiked this section last year and the undergrowth wasn't nearly as bad. Some sections felt like we were hiking through bushes. We were all soaked from feet to crotch, most wore our Rain jackets. About 1 mile or so from the end we took them off and stopped for a short break. We had completed this whole section of trail today by 9:30am, we hiked about 6 miles. It feels great having completed the trail after being snowed out last year. Redemption! There isn't much I'd change about the trip except maybe some food options and my shoes. The mileage was great 8, 10, and 6 - it was perfect to feel long enough but not enough that it was really unpleasant. This is a great lake and a great trail!
    Last edited by Aberrix; 09-19-2014 at 08:41. Reason: title fix

Hammock
    HH Expedition zip
    Tarp
    Old Man Winter
    Insulation
    Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Atlas Straps
    Thanks and I look forward to the Top 5 Gear Review, which I hope includes the #SawyerBeardFilter

Hammock
    DIY / ENO DN
    Tarp
    HG Cuben / DIY
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Whoopies and TH's
    I'm the one in the video with the #SawyerBeardFilter and I can tell you, that it has a tendency to make your water taste like any food you've eaten recently. I'm not sure why...

Tarp
    YMG Cirriform
    Insulation
    NeoAir XLite
    Quote Originally Posted by Sporto View Post
    Thanks and I look forward to the Top 5 Gear Review, which I hope includes the #SawyerBeardFilter
    haha, thanks!

Hammock
    bias WW, WWM
    Tarp
    the MAMA
    Insulation
    Rev X TQ, HG UQ
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies
    Images
    Great trip reports, I enjoyed them!

• + New Posts