Clark North American/DD Travel/WBBB
    Tarp
    DD XL Basha
    Insulation
    pad,reflector.
    Suspension
    ropes/tree straps.

Giant tarp setups question.

Who sells the biggest hipped roof style tarp that has a close able ends? I see many tarps that close in the ends but they narrow at the base. I'm looking for the most interior room, closed ends and walls that go all the way to the ground when set up 7 or so feet at the ridgeline.
    Does such a beast exist?
    "The forest is my chapel.The trees are the pillars and walls of an endless cathedral.The wind in the trees is my choir.The land gives me water for my thirst and food for my famine.My blades grant me safe passage,give me food and make my shelter.Survival is my religion and I am it's disciple"

Hammock
    Lots
    Tarp
    Winter style :)
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    buckle
    not sure if this is close but pretty big might be able to get custom wider one so it reaches from 7 feet to ground ?

http://www.simplylightdesigns.com/ca...roducts_id/213

saw some pics of a hammock strung up inside the MSR tent that was big and no bottom style of tent instead of using poles they just had it with a ridge line
    http://www.cascadedesigns.com/msr/te...others/product

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx or Pads
    Suspension
    Straps and Biners
    Images
    I can't find it at the moment but I remember last year when Black Wolf and Fronkey were doing a big winter trip that one of them had a custom made tarp setup. It was huge inside to the point of having a stove jack installed for a small stainless or titanium wood stove. Is this the kind of beast for which you search?

I don't remember where Black Wolf got it from but I remember him talking about it. He may have even brought it to the Florida Hang last year (I didn't make that one).

Hammock
    DIY PolyD 1.2
    Tarp
    DIY .74 oz cuben
    Insulation
    Marmot Mod & DIY
    Suspension
    Dynaglide & Anchor
    I have a Kelty Noah's Tarp 12 for winter and they make a 16.
    Mike

Learn to survive and thrive in any situation, for you never know what might happen. Love family and friends passionately. Suffer no fool. Know your purpose in life and follow it with all your heart.

Hammock
    Tarp
    DD XL Basha
    Insulation
    pad,reflector.
    Suspension
    ropes/tree straps.
    That simply light design is close but it has too narrow a base. I contacted him once with my custom idea but he didn't seem terribly interested.
    A tarp large enough to put a stove jack in and hang comfortably is my ultimate goal. It will also be used as a base camp shelter for extended hiking trips to the back country.
    "The forest is my chapel.The trees are the pillars and walls of an endless cathedral.The wind in the trees is my choir.The land gives me water for my thirst and food for my famine.My blades grant me safe passage,give me food and make my shelter.Survival is my religion and I am it's disciple"

Banned
    Hammock
    warbonnet BB, dream hammock
    Tarp
    WB superfly, edge
    Insulation
    AHE jarbidge, UGQ
    Suspension
    woopies
    Quote Originally Posted by savagesicslayer View Post
    That simply light design is close but it has too narrow a base. I contacted him once with my custom idea but he didn't seem terribly interested.
    A tarp large enough to put a stove jack in and hang comfortably is my ultimate goal. It will also be used as a base camp shelter for extended hiking trips to the back country.
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...ff70293b9612dc
    UGQ has 1 in there photo gallery, here ya go. Is this what your looking 4?? not sure if they would make ya 1 but I bet if you ask pretty please they would, after all they did post on here that they love custom work

Hammock
    Martian Bridge (DIY)
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Who sells the biggest hipped roof style tarp that has a close able ends? I see many tarps that close in the ends but they narrow at the base. I'm looking for the most interior room, closed ends and walls that go all the way to the ground when set up 7 or so feet at the ridgeline.
    Does such a beast exist?
    I have a canvas wedge tent that meets those specs. I use it for my winter shelter that I also use a small woodstove it. It works quite well. You'll have to look around to get one made out of a lightweight material, but the canvas ones are readily available.

Also the user Smokehouse on this site makes a number of shelters, one called the Smokehouse, that will do most of what you want. Contact him and see what he has available.

Cheers

Brian
    Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment. - Unknown

Hammock
    Tarp
    DD XL Basha
    Insulation
    pad,reflector.
    Suspension
    ropes/tree straps.
    Do any of you know smokehouse? His inbox is full.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    KAQ New River UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images
    I hammock camp with my scout troop so privacy is a little more necessary than if off camping alone. I've used my MSR Twin Brothers modified to allow the hammock end to pass through the closed end. Works great and provides plenty of room. I'm 6'3" and can stand upright in the tarp/tent no problem. It'll be my winter set up when I go out later this month as well.

Hammock
    DH Thunderbird
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Does such a beast exist?
    been looking for the same thing. I doubt anyone sells something like this though, so a custom job might be the trick.
    Honor guide me

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast