WB BMJ & Edge
    Insulation
    Burrow,TeWa,GoLite
    Suspension
    Whoopie, Straps
    Images

Clark NX200 Help

Hey all,
    I just picked up a used NX200 w/o a user manual, or rain fly. I can get the hammock up but am entirely confused my the bug net/weathershield set up. Can someone PM me how to set this up? I PM'd CaveDiver2 but in case he is gone for a while I could use a little help. There are 2 rings at the head end and one ring at the foot end, I'm assuming the green rope that came with the hammock goes through them but I can't tell if the rope passes inside the bugnet for this or stays out side How do the bungie cords that came with it work if you're NOT using a rain fly. I watched cavedivers video setup but it didn't answer these questions.
    Thanks

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Run a seperate ridgeline, and clip the bungees to it when not using a tarp. Don't know anything about a green line. Contact Clark directly, either by email or phone, they are very good at answering questions and have excellent customer support. It is in their best interest to have a happy Clark user.

Hammock
    Wraith UL, XLC ,Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    WB BMJ & Edge
    Insulation
    Burrow,TeWa,GoLite
    Suspension
    Whoopie, Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fin View Post
    Run a seperate ridgeline, and clip the bungees to it when not using a tarp. Don't know anything about a green line. Contact Clark directly, either by email or phone, they are very good at answering questions and have excellent customer support. It is in their best interest to have a happy Clark user.
    THANK YOU!! How about when my OES tarp comes in?

You do mean like this? http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery...0_original.jpg

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Add some extra cord to the bungee, long enough to reach the D-ring on the OES tarp ridgeline. Make it adjustable, so you can pitch your tarp higher or lower. Will accomplish the same thing as attaching the bungee to the Clark attachments on their tarp.

Hammock
    Tarp
    WB BMJ & Edge
    Insulation
    Burrow,TeWa,GoLite
    Suspension
    Whoopie, Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fin View Post
    Add some extra cord to the bungee, long enough to reach the D-ring on the OES tarp ridgeline. Make it adjustable, so you can pitch your tarp higher or lower. Will accomplish the same thing as attaching the bungee to the Clark attachments on their tarp.

Thanks for the help and the PMs

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    When I took my clark tarp off of my clark hammock I left the bungies on the hammock. The bungies are at the ends of the netting. You need to add cord to the bungies and then tie this to the trees to hold up the netting. I also, inside the netting, put an extra cord. This is run between the two small loops that you will find inside the netting and up at the top left and right side. I put a bowline knot on one side and a taut-line hitch on the other side. Then I could tighten this up to the right length of the inside of the bug netting. I now use this line to hang things like my socks, a small light, my hankerchief, a small fan. It also helps when you're tieing up the netting to the tree, it seems to allow me to get the right tension on the netting. When you tie the outside cords to the bungies, and tie those to the tree, tie them just above the straps (or on top of the straps) that hold the hammock.

Hammock
    Tarp
    WB BMJ & Edge
    Insulation
    Burrow,TeWa,GoLite
    Suspension
    Whoopie, Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TinaLouise View Post
    When I took my clark tarp off of my clark hammock I left the bungies on the hammock. The bungies are at the ends of the netting. You need to add cord to the bungies and then tie this to the trees to hold up the netting. I also, inside the netting, put an extra cord. This is run between the two small loops that you will find inside the netting and up at the top left and right side. I put a bowline knot on one side and a taut-line hitch on the other side. Then I could tighten this up to the right length of the inside of the bug netting. I now use this line to hang things like my socks, a small light, my hankerchief, a small fan. It also helps when you're tieing up the netting to the tree, it seems to allow me to get the right tension on the netting. When you tie the outside cords to the bungies, and tie those to the tree, tie them just above the straps (or on top of the straps) that hold the hammock.

Thanks, I'll try the cord tied between the 2 loops today

• + New Posts