JRB Greylock3 Question

Hello everyone,
    I have been hanging with my ENO DN for about a year or two now and find that my middle 40 year old body does much better in the hammock rather than the hard ground. I have been using a PLUQ but I am looking into a Greylock3. My Question: I am 6'1 250lbs. will the 3/4 fit me or will the leg/foot pad be to long? I live in Virginia and mostly do winter camping in VA, MD, PA of the Bushcraft persuasion, should I be looking at a Greylock4 or Mount Washington instead? Thanks in advance for any input.

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    My suggestion would be to give JRB a call or email. They are great to work with and can give you better input than most of us here can. Since JRB is also located in VA they will have solid knowledge of not only your fit but the weather conditions you want to hang in. I own 3 of their quilts and their communications is excellent.

Hammock
    Streamliner, Boone 30
    Tarp
    UGQ, Spinn Edge
    Insulation
    UGQ, SSUQ, Greyloc
    Suspension
    UCR's, Whoopies
    Images
    The rating on the quilt is 20º, I purchased one this year and have not had it out in the cold yet but have every confidence it will live up to that rating and mine is over stuffed so I am looking forward to testing it's limits. It's 52" measure from your neck to see where it covers all but about 1' of my legs @ 5'11". You just need to decide if you like using a pad of some sorts under your feet. If you like the pad for your feet then you're likely going to be OK with it. Check out Shug's videos on under quilts and yes he has one on the 4.
    the quilt is well made imo. I own one each of Wilderness Logics and UGQ the UGQ and the JRB are the better of the 2 but only due to material.

Check the temps you plan to hang in and don't forget the hot water bottle trick if your need a little extra warmth.

Welcome to the forums from a guy that grew up near Lynchburg.

Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
    My suggestion would be to give JRB a call or email. They are great to work with and can give you better input than most of us here can. Since JRB is also located in VA they will have solid knowledge of not only your fit but the weather conditions you want to hang in. I own 3 of their quilts and their communications is excellent.
    Yep, the jacks will steer you right!
    Last edited by dirtwheels; 09-22-2014 at 21:36.
    Give me more darkness said the blind man,
    Give me more folly said the fool,
    Give me stone silence said the deaf man,
    I didn't believe Sunday School.
    Phil Keaggy

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0, Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ's, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Agree w/dkurfiss - the Jacks will steer you right - give 'em a shout.

Thanks all,
    Very good advice with contacting Jacks, they were very helpful. Sounds like the Greylock4 may be the solution for me. I love camping during the coldest times of the year from Virginia to New York, often times in the single digits (Murphy). I have done OK with the PLUQ+ Wally pad+ deflated Synmat 7, but thats a lot of extra insulation to carry.

• + New Posts