DIY 12' PolyD
    Tarp
    DIY 12x10 silArgon
    Insulation
    HG 0º UQ / 20º TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Speed Hooks
    Images
    I'll go ahead and "be that guy" - I'm 100% completely obsessed. I love everything about hammocks and the accoutrements that go along with it.

I think it's mostly to do with the fact that should the worst ever happen - I'll NEVER be homeless! My whole "house" will literally fit on my back and I can go anywhere i want and not worry about problems the terrain might give me. It's freedom. It's security. It's ultimate comfort in the face of nature's harshest conditions. All of my home, under 7lbs. on my back.

Hammock
    SB Pro, Lawson, Everest Double
    Images
    Old bones ... hard ground
    Hammock ... best sleep ever.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Traveler DL
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    MMSS + sleep pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Straps
    Hey, speak for yourself! I don't visit Warbonnet's site daily dreaming of the XLC. I don't spend hours on Dutch's website thinking up all potential uses I have for all of his gear. I don't spend hours watching videos from folks swinging in hammocks, or doing various tricks with cordage! I don't visit the "For Sale" section almost every half-hour looking for that "must have" piece of gear, that really isn't "must have"! I don't dig through the DIY section looking for inspiration and ideas that I can utilize in my own setup. I haven't watched every single Shug video on youtube... yet.

OK, everything above... except the part about Shug's videos is me in denial. I do all of that. You caught me.

Hammock
    Sheltowee Boone 20*
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG TQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    It's the best sleep I've ever gotten in my life. It's one of the best decisions I've made in my life. I hang full-time, and will never go back to a bed.

Hammocks are wonderful.
    I'd rather be hanging.

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    It reminds me of vacation, even if I'm in the backyard.

Hammock
    Yukon Outfitters dbl
    Tarp
    Yukon Outfitters
    Insulation
    20* bag / pad
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    I'm involved in amatuer motorsports (Solo, time trials, etc). "Hammock Fanatics" are completely sane compare to guys who spend 10s of thousands of dollars chasing the elusive 1000th of a second for a piece of varnished wood, a t shirt, a pint glass, or the ultimate - being added to the list of national champs in the back of the rule book.

I have to add that this is by far one of the most welcoming online communities I'm fortunate to be a part of. I have yet to see "Use Search" in a response to a question. Heck, Shug made a video, a video!, of where to put your boots and I have yet to see a negative comment in that thread. I check here daily to see the latest hints or methods of hanging some fabric in a tree. It's wonderful!

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123