Hammock
    NX250, Envy, Appalachian
    Tarp
    one with doors
    Insulation
    UGQ down
    Suspension
    straps & Dutch's
    Would you consider a Nook color with a cover and a special chip for converting to an Android tablet for a 12'x10' sil tarp?
    Remember...no matter where you go...there you are.

"I have said that Texas is a state of mind, but I think it is more than that. It is a mystique closely approximating a religion". - John Steinbeck

Hammock
    diy, hk2001,bmbh
    Tarp
    diy hex or aysym
    Insulation
    diy's,jarbidge!!!!
    Suspension
    whoops, ucr, dutch
    Images
    I'll build you a knife if you build me a hammock. Check my gallery for pics of my work.
    Thanks

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kc_joe View Post
    I know papasmurf uses .75oz Noseeum for his RL organizers and I like the weight on that (won't be too rough with that).
    What do people (trying to save weight) usually use for the snake skins? would the .75oz Noseeum work for that too? I kind of like the idea of that so they could drain a bit if i hang them over my bag in the skins...
    Thoughts? I don't know if you can tell or not but I don't really know what's best on that...a safer answer to your questions would have been 'i don't know'.
    I usually use the noseeum for organizers. light, easy to sew and you can see whats in them. I would also suggest the noseeum for snake skins. I would caution about thinking that the mess will allow the tarp to dry. Its better then sealing them up with say sil, but only good for surface moisture. the folded up stuff still stays wet. It also depends on how you will store them. Some people like to put sil snake skins on so they can put the tarp away without getting anything else wet.

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lostagain View Post
    Would you consider a Nook color with a cover and a special chip for converting to an Android tablet for a 12'x10' sil tarp?
    2 things. It has to be kindle. I am locked into amazon pretty good, second I am looking for an e-reader. I have a tablet, 2 actually but they are heavier, use too much battery and hard to read in the sunlight. I would want either standard kindle or paperwhite. I can do the tarp if you are willing to double material cost. I use the diy gear method for a winter tarp btw.

Hammock
    Dutch Half Wit
    Tarp
    Squidbilly 1000
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    adj web, whoopies
    Images
    I've been wanting to get a 10 ft gathered end hammock - any neutral color will work. I prefer a SL, but it needs to hold about 200 lbs. I need it all - hammock, ridgeline, tree straps, and whoopies. No bug net as this will be my "winter hammock."

I don't have anything to trade on your list, we could possibly work out something if you are interested (and we're not breaking any rules).

I don't have any idea what it would cost, so I would at least need an estimate...
    "There's not much of a learning curve with a tent. Lay on the ground and suffer; repeat as often as necessary." - Silvrsurfr

http://jnunniv.wordpress.com

Banned
    Hammock
    warbonnet BB, dream hammock
    Tarp
    WB superfly, edge
    Insulation
    AHE jarbidge, UGQ
    Suspension
    woopies
    hey, just the guy ive been looking 4! so my sewing skills are sub par...... here are my thoughts, I want at least a few hammock bodies preferable 1.6 argon, they would need to be able to hold weight through the end channel (non whipped) and as small of a stuff sack u can make 4 em. Im thinking 4 total at about 11' so if you will take extra material for this what would be the total to order?? also what kind of bug nets do you make?? like fronkey style or warrbonnet? anyway I have the skill to complete the package with woopies and stuff...... also I would be willing to buy an esee knife for the right trade and ship to ya, or packit. do you make hammocks with integrated bug nets? lets talk......... thanks

Hammock
    DH Raven
    Tarp
    UGQ - Printed SilP
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/UGQ
    Suspension
    Multibuckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nuttysquirrel View Post
    I'll build you a knife if you build me a hammock. Check my gallery for pics of my work.
    Thanks
    Tavo makes some great knives

Hammock
    Yukon Outfitters
    Tarp
    used blue tarp
    Insulation
    Cheap Sleeping Bag
    Suspension
    1"Web Bckle Amstel
    I need a SilNylon Tarp as well but I am more of a woodworker then a fabric worker. Is there anything you need that I could make for trade? plaque, sign, etc....

If not, no big deal. Thanks for being so open and helpful, you are just another example of the exceptional members this site holds.

Thanks!
    "There is no Wi-Fi in the forest, but I promise you will find a better connection"
    "Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air" - Ralph Waldo Emerson
    "I have never found time spent amongst nature to be a waste of time"
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Adventure may hurt, but monotony will kill you"
    "I yearn for a place untouched by man" <-- Best describes me

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnunniv View Post
    I've been wanting to get a 10 ft gathered end hammock - any neutral color will work. I prefer a SL, but it needs to hold about 200 lbs. I need it all - hammock, ridgeline, tree straps, and whoopies. No bug net as this will be my "winter hammock."

I don't have anything to trade on your list, we could possibly work out something if you are interested (and we're not breaking any rules).

I don't have any idea what it would cost, so I would at least need an estimate...
    So I went to bias.com and put a sl 1.9 camper with tree straps, toggle, whoopies hammock and arl was $84 without tax or shipping. If I go to dutchware and add the materials needed with argon 1.6 cost $42 without shipping and tax. I also make a double sides stuff sack and 2 rl organizers. I am sure bias comes with a sack as mine did, but I add double sided. I also sew the toggles into the webbing with some zing it so they dont get lost.
    Let me know what you think thats worth and what you got.

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gnar View Post
    hey, just the guy ive been looking 4! so my sewing skills are sub par...... here are my thoughts, I want at least a few hammock bodies preferable 1.6 argon, they would need to be able to hold weight through the end channel (non whipped) and as small of a stuff sack u can make 4 em. Im thinking 4 total at about 11' so if you will take extra material for this what would be the total to order?? also what kind of bug nets do you make?? like fronkey style or warrbonnet? anyway I have the skill to complete the package with woopies and stuff...... also I would be willing to buy an esee knife for the right trade and ship to ya, or packit. do you make hammocks with integrated bug nets? lets talk......... thanks
    I usually make channel ends, fronkie bugnet, I am sure I can make one with bugnet, but havent yet. The whole point of this is I dont have funds up front although I may in a week or so. I will keep this in mind. I would also point out dutch making the argon 1.6's sl not sure about stuff sack for 30. Just a thought.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast