Hammock
    DIY 11' double layer 1.1
    Tarp
    huge DIY camo
    Insulation
    DIY 9oz. Primaloft
    Suspension
    7/64"whoopie sling
    Thanks for the info Rev. I was playing with it, and to get the bottom thread up into the fabric, I was having to turn the top tension up in the 8 to 9 o'clock range sometimes, which is what I think was bunching things up. I read somewhere that you want to be able to barely hang the bobbin by it's thread without it spooling out, and mine was much tighter than that. The bobbin spring plate thingy also has a bit of surface rust on it, so I think that may be where my extra friction is coming from. That tiny bit of turn loosened it just enough that I can have the top tension back down in the 5 to 6 o'clock range. I probably should take it to a mechanic though since I doubt it's been cleaned or anything in at least 15 years, probably more.

Acer

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by acercanto View Post
    Thanks for the info Rev. I was playing with it, and to get the bottom thread up into the fabric, I was having to turn the top tension up in the 8 to 9 o'clock range sometimes, which is what I think was bunching things up. I read somewhere that you want to be able to barely hang the bobbin by it's thread without it spooling out, and mine was much tighter than that. The bobbin spring plate thingy also has a bit of surface rust on it, so I think that may be where my extra friction is coming from. That tiny bit of turn loosened it just enough that I can have the top tension back down in the 5 to 6 o'clock range. I probably should take it to a mechanic though since I doubt it's been cleaned or anything in at least 15 years, probably more.

Acer
    Serendipity is a wonderful thing..... You are now adjusted just about right if you have a 1-10 spool tension range. It wouldn't hurt to have it oiled and deep cleaned... but you are about where you need to be.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12