Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch
    I'm also confused about the conduit pipe. I see how it is used in the video but I don't see how it is necessary. Is has to be structural right? I'd be on-board for one of these, it would be great to take to festivals where there is camping but no trees to hang from ... or to the beach... so many places, but I don't have the ability to transport a 12' pipe with me.

I've even considered purchasing the 2x2s when I've reached my destination but again the pipe is an issue. I'd even be able to return the pipe to the store on my way home! But transporting it would be tough for me. I'm on the fence about this one ... I've already replaced the supplied rope with 1/8" amsteel continuous loops... I wonder how I could get around that pipe if its necessary...

Hammock
    DIY Table Cloth/ Jerry 5
    Tarp
    11x12' Hex Sil
    Insulation
    Various UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing or Etrunks
    Images
    I have considered making a similar stand, but have always just been too lazy. This looks like it will be so easy, I can't make excuses any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dochartaigh View Post
    Unless I somehow missed it, the Kickstarter page doesn't say what to use for the center support. I also didn't see a connector to join two (or 3+) pieces of a center support...so if you were to use a piece of pipe (a 12+ foot long piece of continuous pipe or whatnot), that means this stand wouldn't be too portable at all, correct?
    I see that the kit includes "1- Top Rail Extender Plug" I believe this is sized to act as a connector between two 1" EMT conduit pieces that make up the top rail. You can see the black plug in the center of the photo of the entire kit. Tato will be along to set us all strait before long.

Hammock
    DIY Table Cloth/ Jerry 5
    Tarp
    11x12' Hex Sil
    Insulation
    Various UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing or Etrunks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by d_flo_yo View Post
    I'm also confused about the conduit pipe. I see how it is used in the video but I don't see how it is necessary. Is has to be structural right? I'd be on-board for one of these, it would be great to take to festivals where there is camping but no trees to hang from ... or to the beach... so many places, but I don't have the ability to transport a 12' pipe with me.

I've even considered purchasing the 2x2s when I've reached my destination but again the pipe is an issue. I'd even be able to return the pipe to the store on my way home! But transporting it would be tough for me. I'm on the fence about this one ... I've already replaced the supplied rope with 1/8" amsteel continuous loops... I wonder how I could get around that pipe if its necessary...
    The pipe is needed for structural support in this kind of stand. It appears there is a way to connect two smaller pipes to make up the top rail. These two smaller pipes would probably be similar in size to the leg sections. Meaning if you can transport the legs you should be able to transport the top rail.

Hammock
    HH Deluxe/ DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    HH Hex/ WB Superfl
    Insulation
    DIY Underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Dochartaigh View Post
    Unless I somehow missed it, the Kickstarter page doesn't say what to use for the center support. I also didn't see a connector to join two (or 3+) pieces of a center support...so if you were to use a piece of pipe (a 12+ foot long piece of continuous pipe or whatnot), that means this stand wouldn't be too portable at all, correct?

...just wondering as I don't want to make my own stand (have WAY too many projects going on right now), and would like a portable solution for when I'm camping and there's no trees available.
    You use standard 1" EMT Conduit and yes, it comes with a connector plug for those that want to use more than one pc for the top rail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Offering fine and unique outdoor products for the serious hiker and hammocker.
    Available at the following retailers:Tier Gear, Dutchware

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    This is awesome
    Ditto on that
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

I started with one, but wanted two. Bryan created a pledge for two for me, but now I see a level to buy three! Guess I'm going in for three now!
    With the concern for portability, I wonder if a 2x2 sleeve to connect two 3 foot sections vs one 6 foot section would work? What about three 4 foot sections of conduit as well. It would add some weight, but it would make it easier to toss in the trunk of a car.
    I'm happy with it as is, just throwing out an idea if anyone wanted to try it.
    I hope you reach your goal Bryan!

Hammock
    Tarp
    HH Hex/ WB Superfl
    Insulation
    DIY Underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    You should be able to make the rail as short as need be and use multiple connections. I'll make extra connector plugs available on my site once this has been funded.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    It gets better and better. But you would have to announce this just I am 90% done building mine the old fashion way.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HH Hex/ WB Superfl
    Insulation
    DIY Underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    It gets better and better. But you would have to announce this just I am 90% done building mine the old fashion way.
    Yeah, most people who have known about this project had given up on me I think. I started it 2 years ago
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I started it 2 years ago
    Looks like time well spent. Figured someone would one day figure out a way to make it easier.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast