Hammock
    DIY/Blackbird XLC (soon)
    Tarp
    Superfly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    HammockGear/Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

How do you not lose all this dutch gear?

I just got my first set of Dutch clips along with some other cool stuff to try out, and my biggest concern right now is loosing equipment. The stingerz and wasps can be secured onto my lines, but what do you guys do with the dutch clips? Do you just take them off and pack them up separately? Or is there a better way to keep them with the tree straps somehow where they won't fall off and get lost? I'm also open to any tips for other dutch gear... it's all so cool I'll probably end up with a few sets of each eventually!

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    They are designed to stay on especially after you use them. However if you are concerned simple put one stitch behind it on the webbing . Then you are good to go forever.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    WB XLC, also have GT SBPro
    Tarp
    Superfly (digicam)
    Insulation
    Hammockgear quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies and MSH
    I did drop a dutch clip the first time I used them. It happened when setting up my hammock after night-fall(not exactly a prime time to be trying out multiple bits of new hardware, but eehhhh...)

It bounced off a shoe and landed down in some leaves and took a minute or two to find. They were not happy minutes. It was just a backyard sort of test, so I knew they wouldn't be LOST lost, just misplaced for a bit >_> But still meant I'd have to trudge back inside rather than "camp" out that night.

Now that they're on the webbing straps I feel they're pretty secure. I leave my dutch clips on the one end of them all the time just shoved down on the top of my hammock's stuff sack with the toggles, etc, etc... Never had any worry about the clips falling off there.

As you say, the flys just stay on the lines and whatnot. I probably will lose some of the other smaller stuff eventually(so far so good though!) and if/when that happens Dutch will get a bit more business from me :P
    At least the prices are more than fair!

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ihavea4 View Post
    I just got my first set of Dutch clips along with some other cool stuff to try out, and my biggest concern right now is loosing equipment. The stingerz and wasps can be secured onto my lines, but what do you guys do with the dutch clips? Do you just take them off and pack them up separately? Or is there a better way to keep them with the tree straps somehow where they won't fall off and get lost? I'm also open to any tips for other dutch gear... it's all so cool I'll probably end up with a few sets of each eventually!
    Our gear is for us to discover and use how we will. I sew small loops in the end of a tree straps and splice some zing it thru to attach the toggle. You could splice or larkshead a spliced line around the clip. Or you could do like I do and develope ocd that doesnt stop at making things secure. I switched to dutch buckles because I enjoy the completeness of them. I even love the rubber band that either keeps the whoopies on or keeps the strap all bundled up.

Hammock
    DIY/Blackbird XLC (soon)
    Tarp
    Superfly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    HammockGear/Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Thanks for the replies guys! I don't have a thread injector yet, but I trust you Dutch. I'll leave them on and keep a cautious eye on them for a little while. If I do manage to lose one though, I guess I'll just have another excuse to lighten your shelves a little bit with another order!

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ihavea4 View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys! I don't have a thread injector yet, but I trust you Dutch. I'll leave them on and keep a cautious eye on them for a little while. If I do manage to lose one though, I guess I'll just have another excuse to lighten your shelves a little bit with another order!
    You don't need a thread injector. Hand stitch will work. Safety pin will work but titanium ones are hard to find.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    DIY/Blackbird XLC (soon)
    Tarp
    Superfly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    HammockGear/Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    You don't need a thread injector. Hand stitch will work. Safety pin will work but titanium ones are hard to find.
    sounds like a new product is in the works...

Hammock
    Dream, Sparrow and Raven
    Tarp
    HG Cuban, SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG quilts
    Suspension
    UCR, always change
    Images
    I just put a few stitches and they don't fall off. You can also do one in one color thread and the other in another color, for Head and Foot (if you need).
    (Red=Head).
    Call me Junior

Pirating – Corporate Takeover without the paperwork
    "For a couple of bucks, get a weird haircut and waste your life away" Bryan Adams....
    "Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes." - sargevining on HF

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    I keep my flyz on the zing-it tarp lines. But while adjusting them I accidentally dropped one in the snow last year. Big trouble for me since I'm horrible with knots, but I would have managed. Luckily I found it after 5 minutes of searching.

Hammock
    DIY 126 x 60 Tablecloth
    Tarp
    JRB 10 x 11
    Insulation
    New River/Owhyee
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    I'm looking forward to the day I find a Dutch Clip lying next to the tree I have chosen! It seems I have found most everything else people loose in the woods...
    "I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds
    Mind of a Rat Youtube Channel

• + New Posts