Tarp
    SilNylon (rectngl)
    Insulation
    BA Insulatd Inflat
    Suspension
    WB Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Algonquin_bound View Post
    I'm not a hammock expert by any means, but I'm somewhat familiar with them, at least as used in backpacking/camping applications, which is how I use mine.

I don't know what a bean bag hammock is. Maybe you could post a link or describe what you have....

Also just FYI, your hammock when hanging, will have to be attached to the walls, not the ceiling. You might want to look at your rope too.... 800 lbs sounds like alot, but the stress on that rope could be less or more than the weight actuallyin the hammock depending on the angle of your suspension. I think the 'safe' load for suspension is 5x the actual weight limit of the pressure on the line. (I stand to be corrected, but think that is right....)

That being said I would feel comfortable with something less than 5x the stress applied, but everyone has their own comfort level. I currently use 7/64" amsteel blue as my suspension, which is rated at 1600 lbs. It's cheap, (less than 25 cents per foot....), it's light, and holds more weight than I'll ever need it to.

Welcome to the forums, (and hammock bliss...)!

There's alot to learn just starting out, but it's pretty simple. Now nearing the end of my first hammock season, (i'm hoping for atleast one more trip out....), I've learned a lot since before my hanging days. None of it complicated, but it's nice to have a great resource like the forums here!

Cheers!
    It is possible to get the hang angle you want if you suspend a ridge pole like a turtledog stand has from the ceiling. I did this from the rafters on my porch and sleep there most nights.
    Besides the side to side sway that you get from a typical hammock setup between trees you will also get some sway in the other direction though that settles down quickly.

What exactly would that look like? i'm having a hard time picturing what you mean

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12