Hammock
    DIY 12ft 1.0 HyperD
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Asym
    Images

Nighthawk Question

I saw the Nighthawk prototype Papa Smurf had posted with the alternate zipper configuration which I think is also the same as this video on their channel.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PDDGe7F4Ag

I did have some concerns about the standard config being difficult to zip at the ends after entering, especially for an 11 foot.

My Lawson hammock has a door in the middle which is easy, and I haven't used a gathered end with a integrated net other than briefly trying a HH Expedition.

Is that configuration going to be an option anytime soon? Or is it really only a problem is you unzip all the way to the end for entry/exit?

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    We took a pair of NightHawk hammocks down to SC Fall Sprawl this past weekend and they were very well received. We got lots of positive comments and some valuable feedback for some minor tweaks, but the design is now final. In fact, there are a few SC hangers who will be getting the first production NightHawk's.

I had the opportunity to spend a couple nights in the 11ft one myself. Normally I dislike 11ft hammocks because I'm a towering 5'7", 265lbs with short stubby arms and legs. I found the 11ft NightHawk very comfortable and the zippers were easy to operate without reaching up to the head end. I was in heaven with my UGQ underquilt hooked into the pack hook at the shoulder. With this design the zippers don't have to reside up near the ridgeline at all. It's easier to locate them on the right or left side of the hammock and you still have the ability to zip down both sides of the netting or overcover when you want.

We're now working on web pages, photos, & specs as time allows.

Hammock
    Waitin' on my new DH
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20*F Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Glad to hear the NightHawk was a success! I think I'm going to go ahead and upgrade to the NightHawk with the overcover for my order #1232.

• + New Posts