Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB yeti, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    20 and 20 are my quilts for Swedish conditions. Works almost all the time (except when it's -3 and you forget to cinch the end up...), and it's versatile too. Had it also up with me for a week in Kiruna when the nights were tropical (yes, tropical.. above the Arctic Circle..) and you just open up a bit. For the price, the versatility of a 20 quilt is my choice, I would not Count on a 40 to get me into the conditions I sometimes camp in.

Hammock
    Woodsman Lite
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    SB, PLUQ, CCF
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Thanks for all the replies. You've given me a better idea of what seems proper.
    Still leaning towards a 20uq/40tq - combo with that bit of overstuff. As mentioned, most of my camping is 3season. And if real winter trips become more frequent, I guess that will give me an excuse to get another set at some point. But I think a 20/40 setup would serve me nicely. I can almost gather, that HG is quite conservative with their temp ratings, so I feel pretty secure that they can be pushed a bit.

Thanks again.

Hammock
    DIY End Channel
    Tarp
    DIY Winter tarp
    Insulation
    UGQ and HG
    Suspension
    Kevlar, amsteel.
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Swjoergensen View Post
    I'm contemplating using my PLUQ to supplement in real winter, hanging outside the Phoenix, think that could work. But I'm glad to hear that a 20 Phoenix seems decent for me.

Craige, would you be considered hot or cold sleeper? I'd prefer being a tad cool, and supplementing with a shirt, as opposed to sweating through the night.
    I'd go for a snapped foot box, for the versatility. Is it in reality possible to vent properly when it gets too hot in the TQ?

Big thumbs up on that all fitting in a 13l dry bag. That's my SB alone right now
    It would probably work pretty well, maybe better with the pluq inside though so there is no risk of compressing the down.

I would reckon I'm a warm sleeper, not too sure because I've never really pushed the temp limit of good gear. I did sleep in a cheap indoor sleeping bag in below freezing temps, but I was pretty cold.

My tq has a sewn footbox and I don't really know about venting with the snaps and cinch closure. I just vented my top section and popped a knee out of one side.

@Craige.
    You did seem familiar after all
    We chatted a long time ago about the ohm 2.0 and a pack you were building yourself. Shorty ol' memory jolting back into action
    How've you been? Seem to recall a trip report you mentioned?
    Ha, yeah we did, I'm gonna have to get an even smaller pack soon, reckon I'm now in or very close to being in the ul category (I should really weigh everything), and even with my quilts uncompressed my zimmerbuilt is really too big now.
    I've been fine... busy, hence the tr never materialising think I need to start thinking more about taking pics when I'm out too so that I've got something to show when I do get round to doing a tr.

Thanks for all the replies. You've given me a better idea of what seems proper.
    Still leaning towards a 20uq/40tq - combo with that bit of overstuff. As mentioned, most of my camping is 3season. And if real winter trips become more frequent, I guess that will give me an excuse to get another set at some point. But I think a 20/40 setup would serve me nicely. I can almost gather, that HG is quite conservative with their temp ratings, so I feel pretty secure that they can be pushed a bit.

Thanks again.
    Have you ordered yet?
    Im from Denmark too, and im looking for exactly the same as you are, so maybe if your interested we should try and work something out in regards to splitting shipping/taxes if the package gets caught!
    Got my blackbird + tarp caught up in customs, and had to pay an extra 100$, has definitly made me consider ukhammocks, but like you i am not to happy about the extra bulk

Hammock
    Woodsman Lite
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    SB, PLUQ, CCF
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Excelleny idea mate, that could maybe save the both of us a bit. I'm still saving for a set though. Hoping for a profitable birthday and a generous tax return to help me finance it.

Hopefully I can jump on a Christmas or early January/February offer. But realistically it might not be until spring. If you're fine with the wait id be happy to work something out with you once the time comes.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12