Tarp
    MamaJamba
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Annual Hennessy Demo Sale

FYI folks, I just stumbled across this on eBay. Hennessy has several hammocks and tarps they have used as demos. I assume some items may have been returned for repair work. It's worth a look if you are in the market for a Hennessy product. I just purchased 2 Monsoon Tarps for just under $50 each.
    Ambition is the path to success. Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in.

Bill Bradley

Hammock
    HH ExpDel Zip
    Tarp
    HH rainfly
    Suspension
    carabiners/rings
    I bought a HH Explorer Zip through the October Days demo sale. Looking forward to it arriving...

401Hunter, thank you for the post. I snagged a Hyperlite at a great price with free shipping. I had been searching for a deal on a HH Hyper for about a year now. You gave me the lead that allowed me to buy it directly from HH. Now could you help me explain it to my wife when it shows up at the door?

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG Inc./EE RevX
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Do any of you who purchased from the demo sale remember when it said they'd ship? I got an email that they created a shipping label for the item I ordered on the second but the tracking number still shows it not having been dropped off. I knew it said it wouldn't be immediate but I expected to hear something by now.

rballen, yes, I received an email from Canada Post stating that " You are receiving this email at the request of HENNESSY HOLDINGS LTD to provide you with updates on the progress of this shipment." The email included a tracking number and a link to the Canada Post website. Their website is quite useful and indicates where the shipment stands at the moment. It appears from how fast things are moving that my shipment will arrive within 4 business days. Knowing HH (and how helpful everyone is within Tom's organization), I expected first class treatment. I have not been disappointed. Since you have not received the same email from Canada Post I would send HH a note to their email address and let them know that your shipping notification did not come. You might re-confirm your email address just in case someone got it wrong the first time. They are great people and they do listen to their customers. Best of Luck sir. Hope this helps.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG Inc./EE RevX
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    The thing is I got that email on October 2. The issue is the tracking number still says that shipping information was submitted but the item hasn't been dropped off at the post office. I was just curious if anyone was receiving items before I e-mailed them. It's not a huge deal as the auction did say the items wouldn't ship immediately.

I must have gotten lucky and they had one in their hands. Canada Post indicated that they received it on the 10th, the same day that I ordered it. It has reached the US already, just not to my mailbox. I have a backpacking trip into the Shining Rock Wilderness planned for the 19th. I just hope that it arrives in time for me to take it. The one thing that I will struggle with is the cold weather (42 to 45 degrees) at night at 6,000 feet. My wife and I are still utilizing our Therma Rest pads as under cover with a zero degree bag. I find that camping pads work OK but if your elbow falls off the pad during the night and touches the bottom of the hammock, it will feel like it is frozen. We will be making a few miles every day (the longest day will only be 9 miles) but anything I can do to lighten my pack is welcome. Come on mailman, you have to have a package for me....

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG Inc./EE RevX
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    I e-mailed them last night and this morning they replied saying they dropped it at the post office but for some reason they never scanned it in and lost it. The Hennessy Hammock people went out of their way to fix it though. They shipped me a brand new version from their US distribution center pretty much immediately.

rballen, I am glad that they helped you and remedied the mistake. It also confirms the experience I have had with the folks at HH. They are a customer first organization that cares about poor hammock obsessed customers like us who spend mis-spent lives hanging from trees. Hang well sir.

rballen, I received my shipment from HH and I could not be more pleased with their product. It was offered as a Demo but it had never been unpacked. It was brand new. Only the snake skins had previously been unpacked. I am extremely pleased and can not wait until next year's sale. I intend to purchase two more. Great job HH.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast