Quote Originally Posted by HangingDawg View Post
Yeah, that tarp is about as simple as hitting sombody in the back of their head with a bottle to get their attention is subtle. I like that tarp, just don't know if I'm up for it "yet".
That is as simple as it gets. If you don't want to do the cat cuts then just do a hex tarp based on the same pattern and measurements. The cat cuts are really no great shakes. If you can do a rolled hem and a flat felled seam then you can make a Black Cat tarp. That's really all there is to it. The rest is just window dressing.

Don't let the charts and tables and other stuff buffalo you. They are important to the DIY dilettante who want every thing just precisely _so_. But for the casual DIY you want to follow his measurements anyway, cause they are just simply the the best measurements of the average DIY hanger. So the charts and graphs and all the rest of it is disposable for your purposes.

If you can run a power thread injector you can do this. If not... then watch my We Don't Sew... We Make gear vids and get the basics under your belt. It's all there. You can do it.