Warbonnet Traveler 1.7
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Phoenix,Shenandoah
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I've had my knees bother me throughout the night while hanging, but if it's just a one or two night trip I keep hanging. For longer trips, I may have to go to ground in order to sleep. I'm naturally a stomach sleeper, so switching to hammocks has been a little rough.

If I could figure out a light enough setup, I would love the flexibility to hang or go to ground... then I could sleep anywhere. In WA I've had trouble finding the appropriately sized/spaced trees without too much undergrowth in the way.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Pad->TQUQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Derizen View Post
    I've had my knees bother me throughout the night while hanging, but if it's just a one or two night trip I keep hanging. For longer trips, I may have to go to ground in order to sleep. I'm naturally a stomach sleeper, so switching to hammocks has been a little rough.
    I guess this kind of statement makes me wonder why someone would keep using a hammock if comfort isn't there. I thought that was the whole advantage over the ground. If not, why bother. Otherwise, find a way to get comfortable. JMHO

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Derizen View Post

If I could figure out a light enough setup, I would love the flexibility to hang or go to ground... then I could sleep anywhere. In WA I've had trouble finding the appropriately sized/spaced trees without too much undergrowth in the way.
    Sounds like you might want to try hanging full-time at the house to re-learn how to sleep in a gathered-end hammock, or you might want to think about a bridge hammock.

I think you'll always pay a weight penalty for the versatility of a system that works well for hammocks AND the ground.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    A bridge hammock like a WBRR may be better for you since your a stomach sleeper with bad knees. My wife also has bad knees and cannot use a gathered end for too long.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456