Hammock
    Variable
    Tarp
    Surperfly
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    Variable
    Sorry for your loss, Sarge. I think most of us know the feeling. Most dogs are better people, than people. It's tough when we part ways.

Cheers to Scout.
    Like thrash metal? Check out my nephew's band, Deathwatch. He's an amazing drummer... https://soundcloud.com/user-660860695

Hammock
    ENO/tablecloth
    Tarp
    wb superfly
    Insulation
    yeti,peapod(1st v
    Suspension
    whoopies treestrap
    my deepest condolences on your loss...crossed the rainbow bridge.. hugs
    Peanuts

"A womans place is on the trail"

Central California's Gateway to the Sierras
    Hammock
    DIY 11' Gathered End
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    Greylok4; GoLite20
    Suspension
    Whoopies n' Straps
    Oh, man. I'm sorry...

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I feel for you Sarge. Tough to lose a good companion.
    Peace.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

My deepest sympathy. My thoughts are with you.

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Sarge,

I really don't know what to say. My dog is my best friend on Earth and I can only imagine what you are going through. Scout sure did have a great life having you as a friend and as you know the trail is an amazing place to bring your pup and I have no doubt that he was extremely happy being there with you. I think bringing a little bit of him along with you on your future adventures is an excellent way to continue to share the woods with him. I've really enjoyed reading about your trips with him over the years and the photos too. Scout sure was a wonder dog.

Fronkey

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    Rest in peace, Scout. Thank you for letting Scout be a part of Hammock Forums. I so enjoyed your journeys.
    Exercise, eat right, die anyway -- Country Roads bumper sticker
    Fall seven times, standup eight. -- Japanese Proverb

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Thanks to all for the love you all have expressed here. I intended to answer each post individually, but i never thought there would be this many. Let me take a bit to answer a few that really hit home:

Quote Originally Posted by ferret View Post
    Sorry for your loss! Scout was a great dog. I had to stop reading after the first quarter cause this is my kryptonite!
    Yah, Ferret I know what you mean. I've taken pains to let my son and Grandsons know that you're not really a man if you don't cry at some point during the dog movies.

Quote Originally Posted by humer91 View Post
    Incredibly sorry to hear about your loss Sarge. A few years ago I had to put down a wonderful friend I had since i was a young Airman in Germany. He traveled with us all over the world and when we finally retired here in San Antonio he seemed to retire also. We got here in 2006 and he made it til 2010, moving a lot slower and to our sorrow, more painfully until the end. Still miss him but a large chunk of the hole his loss left has been filled with my wonderful lab mix foot warmer, Faith.
    I will be forever grateful to the Creator that I did not have to put Scout down, that he went painlessly and peacefully in his sleep. A big blessing was having him in my life but, perhaps, the bigger blessing was in the way he left it.

Quote Originally Posted by cataraftgirl View Post
    So sorry for your loss. I love your definition of Grace. Our lives are "graced" in so many ways, and a loving canine companion is one of the best.
    Keep an eye on my bog. There are some things I want to say to some of the folks who have said things here that can't be said on HF. I need a bit of time to get it right in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkygeek View Post
    Scout, you will definitely be missed. Though I only had the pleasure of meeting him a few times, he seemed to epitomize the quality of a Good Dog. Always watchful, but ready to be petted by a friendly soul.
    Sarge, I'm so sorry for your loss, and if you'd like any more company on his last trip on the Lone Star Trail, I'd be honored to travel down the path with him and you.
    PM sent. Anyone else who would like to come along:

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...n-Of-Life-Hang

Quote Originally Posted by UncleMJM View Post
    Lil Bit has some big paw prints to fill.
    Indeed she does. They are almost total opposites. Where Scout was mellow and stoic, she's antsy and a little bit needy. But God sent her to keep Scout company in his last days, and that's another thing I'm grateful for. My hope and prayers are for Him to send another to keep her company now that Scout is gone. I do have to say that some of Scout has rubbed off on her and she's learned to find the sunny spot on the lawn and stay there. I was a bit worried that she'd get bored and venture out of the yard looking for him, but so far that hasn't happened. Perhaps its because for the last month or so, Scout didn't go much further than the porch.

I do have to say that I'm glad I wrote those stories, not for any notoriety or strokes that I may gotten from it, but because a lot of folks have apparently gotten to know Scout, but came to love him almost as much as I do. I'll be writing some about Lil Bit in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post
    Sarge,

I really don't know what to say. My dog is my best friend on Earth and I can only imagine what you are going through. Scout sure did have a great life having you as a friend and as you know the trail is an amazing place to bring your pup and I have no doubt that he was extremely happy being there with you. I think bringing a little bit of him along with you on your future adventures is an excellent way to continue to share the woods with him. I've really enjoyed reading about your trips with him over the years and the photos too. Scout sure was a wonder dog.

Fronkey
    Fronks, I gotta say, reading this one got me misty eyed again. I know everybody else that's commented about their dogs have just as much love for them and have experienced just as much heart ache on their loss, but one of the biggest reasons I follow you is watching you and Tala because of how much it reminds me of the bond I shared with Scout, and I know that you know what the whole thing is about.

Its something, isn't it? The danged animal just walks next to a guy and for a few miles and sleeps in the same spot he does in the nights in between, doesn't say anything, doesn't even contribute anything materially to the effort---in fact it can be a real pain in the butt to have him along sometimes--- but you just know that he's there because you are, and that's all you need of him, and its all worth the effort, and you miss him when he can't come, and you cry your eyes out when he's gone. Dogs really are an indication to me that there is a God and He loves us.

Again guys n gals, thanks for the love and the comments. It does an old man good to know that folks he's never met really care.

Hammock
    WL, WB, Clark stuff
    Images
    You and scout were both were very lucky to have had each other. Be assured that he knew right up to the end how much he was loved by you.

Our boy Dozer is a rescue from the shelter and a member of our family. I walk him most every day through the woods near here and have a hard time even thinking about him not being here.

Loyalty like they give is almost unknown in todays world anymore...thanks for reminding me not to ever take my time with my dog for granted.
    Last edited by outdoorsguy; 10-11-2014 at 11:06.

Hammock
    DIY, BB, Snipe
    Tarp
    HG
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Dutch n whoops
    Images
    Only a best friend can fill your heart with trust. Only a true companion fills your soul with a completeness that overflows. I'm certain Scout felt all of this from you. Dogs have a way of smiling that ornery, happy grin that makes every day a happy trail.
    God bless and know his grin is for you.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast