Hi

I've finally taken delivery of my SS. We had lows of 45 in London UK last night and it was pouring down early in the evening so all in all my test to about 11.30pm was okay. I used a MontBell UL SS Bag which is good to 40 and in a tent I find their ratings spot on. I was only dressed in boxer shorts, and using the bag as a quilt made for my skin being too cold directly against the hammock. It was also a bit cold around the head area. Also using the bag as a quilt creates a problem with what to do with the hood bit. Is the real answer to suffer the cost of a quilt, because when I got inside the bag in a normal fashion (and the MB UL SS allows a lot of movement) I did not like the ristrictive feel at all. Ideas please.

Also I was suprisingly cold (not freezing) around my feet. On proper inspection of the set up the reason seems to be that the narrow foot end of the underpad only seems to sit one side of the slit of the under cover. Is that normal or do I need to adjust that once I'm in. It seems to me that it just wants to sit one side only, and in fact it does mean that exit is easy. I can't quite get my head around the whole setup. It seems to me that there is quite a lot of 'faffing around'. I understand with all of these things, the first attempt will always be the slowest, but I just can't work out what is meant to happen at the foot end. Is the pad meant to sit one side of the UC slit or should it be more central?

I hope I've explained myself properly.

Thanks in advance.