I decided to make my own winter TQ. I remember when TeeDee debuted the Karo Box design in this thread and thought it looked like a great idea...so I made one.
The biggest differences between the Karo design and a typical quilt design is the Karo uses short (6" in my case) off setting baffles to make unconnected boxes Vs. long, continuous baffled chambers. This difference makes for many short sewing runs (36 for me) instead of 10-12 longer runs in the "normal" design. IMO, the layout/sewing portion of this project is more tedious and time consuming than the typical design, but the filling with down is much easier (since the baffles are not connected, you simply put all your down in at once and move it around evenly) Vs weighing and filling each individual baffle chamber.
Anyhow, specs are 49" head/39" foot x 76" x 3" baffles. 15.1 oz 800+ fill down (20% overstuff) for a loft between 4" and 3.5". Weight is 25 oz
Pics

I used masking tape to measure and support the baffles till sewn in

The bottom shell is wider to give extra material to tuck under you and keep the quilt in place...great idea TeeDee!
TeeDee's quilt had boxed edges to offer full loft to all edges...I was too lazy for that and just tapered mine (I lay on them anyway)

I'm estimating 0-10*F temp range (I will verify that this winter!)

This was a great learning project...I made a ton of mistakes...how else do you learn?
Cheers!