I've been experimenting with different whipping techniques, and integrating suspension into the whipping itself. I know about the HH technique, and wanted something a little simpler. One that I've been using with some success has been similar to a Sailor's Whipping

http://www.animatedknots.com/sailors...matedknots.com

but instead of cutting the lines at the center, I have an overhand knot underneath the whipping itself, and the two ends then have a bowline knot at the ends one to attach the ringbuckle/webbing for the supports, and the other to attach the removable ridgeline. I simply larkshead the loop and then have a stopper knot (double overhand) on the ridgeline.

I'll see if I can get a picture up at some point of the knot I'm using at the moment. I am using the raw ripstop, not sure of the weight but it appears to be 1.9oz, with no hems at the moment. Been having trouble getting the stuff to work well with my sewing machine. I'm thinking of using "wonder tape" to get the material to hold till I can get it stitched, the tape dissolves in water and you can stitch through it, so I imagine it will work well for this use without putting any more holes in the material than I need to.