Greetings,

I got my clearance supershelter tonight consisting of the undercover and the underpad. I set it up in my basement to try it out, and, for the most part, it seems to work as advertised. The pad seems significantly warmer than the bare fabric of the hammock, at least in my house. I have not tried it in cold temperatures yet. That may come this weekend as I participate in the MS 150 two day bike ride and fundraiser.

I do have a question about using this system properly. When the pad is placed in the undercover, I push the head section of the pad as far up the left side (when viewed from inside the hammock, lying on my back) as possible and the foot end as far to right as possible. When I get in the hammock, however, my weight pulls the underpad down, sliding the head end more towards the center. The added weight pulls the short loop on the pad's left side down, collapsing the tie out. The result is a baggy area in the hammock fabric near my face that tends to flop over my head if I am sleeping on my left side. I have not been able to keep the pad full left as I enter.

What am I doing wrong? I've watched the videos on the Hennessy website and I've looped the elastic tie outs as suggested. I didn't put a ton of tension on the left tie out and I'm not sure it would help anyway. The pad is pulling down and the bungie is doing its job: stretching to keep the pad from ripping.

Does my description make sense?

Thanks for the help.

FreeTheWeasel