I've been slumming it with a basic Wal-Mart blue tarp for a few trips, just to be sure that hammocking is right for me. I feel like I'm pretty locked in now and am looking at all my options for tarps that don't weight two pounds and take up half my pack.

From what I can tell, dyneema tarps are superior to other alternatives in basically every category: they're lighter, more waterproof, easier to repair, don't stretch, and last forever. The only downside I can see is the cost, but this feels like a "buy once, cry once" type of situation to me; better to just suck it up and get the best right now instead of buying 3-4 tarps over a few years.

Are there any variables that I'm leaving out? If the price was equal, is there ever a reason not to go with dyneema?

As far as I can tell, there's only two vendors that sell dyneema tarps: Hammock Gear and Zpacks. From the photos on their websites, it looks like they make essentially the same tarp (it even costs the same). Hammock Gear has more options, but I'm only considering an 11ft ridgeline, so I think either tarp would work fine for me. Are there other vendors that I'm not aware of? Does anyone have experience with both of these tarps and if so, which do you prefer?

Thanks for all the help.